Bottas denies anything decided about his Mercedes future

Valtteri Bottas admitted on Thursday that speculation was mounting about his Formula One future with Mercedes but denied anything had been decided.

The Finn has not scored a point from the last two races, although Monaco's disappointing 19th place was due to the team's poor pitstop. Bottas has dropped to sixth overall in the driver standings with 47 points after six races.

Meanwhile, seven-time world champion teammate Lewis Hamilton, who is second overall, has won three races and scored 54 points more than Bottas after six races.

"You can't always block the noise that is around, and every season is the same thing, the same questions and the same speculation. It's part of the sport," Bottas told reporters ahead of the French Grand Prix.

"We haven't really yet discussed anything about the contract with Mercedes, and that will come eventually," he said, adding that he had not devoted much thought to any 'Plan B'.

Bottas is out of contract at the end of the season and some media reports have suggested he had already been told it would not be extended, with Britain's George Russell set to move from Williams.

The Finn said he spoke often with team boss and shareholder Toto Wolff but what had been reported was not true.

"That's speculation and I'm sure there is all kind of speculation that is not based on any facts," he added.

Asked what his 'gut feeling' was about his future, Bottas replied: "I haven't really allowed myself to think about that too much because that can become a distraction.

"It will come at some point. So for now the gut is not saying anything."

The French Grand Prix takes place this weekend at the Circuit Paul Ricard near Marseille.