A domestic violence charge against NRL player Josh Reynolds has been dropped, his lawyer says.
The 30-year-old had pleaded not guilty to assault occasioning bodily harm related to an alleged domestic violence incident involving his former partner, Arabella Del Busso, in Caringbah South last year.
NSW Police had accused Reynolds of causing bruising to Ms Del Busso's right arm and left leg on September 12.
She reported the incident to police on December 11.
Police officially dropped the charge against the Wests Tigers player on Wednesday, his lawyer Dan McGirr told AAP.
"He's very relieved as you can imagine," Mr McGirr said.
NSW Police has been contacted for comment.
The NRL recently cleared Reynolds to continue playing despite having the allegations hanging over his head.
Reynolds previously said he would contest an apprehended violence order taken out on Ms Del Busso's behalf, with his defence previously saying it would rely upon expert evidence to prove bruising on the 29-year-old's arm was caused by medication.
His lawyer said in court they would call medical witnesses who would testify as to what medication Ms Del Busso was taking and whether it was administered by injection.
NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said Reynolds had been upfront and open about his situation.
"He proactively advised the integrity unit prior to the commencement of the police investigation and I would encourage other players to be as forthcoming," Mr Greenberg said in a statement.
"That said, the allegation he faces is serious and we will continue to work with and receive updates about his situation from NSW Police."
Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said the news was a great outcome for Reynolds.
"This news comes as a great relief to Josh as well as our club," said Pascoe.
"Josh has carried himself extremely well throughout what has no doubt been a very stressful time for him and his family, and we look forward to him continuing to play a key role for this club on and off the field in the years to come."