2014/15 UEFA Europa League, Second Round
  • Alexander Büttner (75')
1st Leg
1st Leg

Anderlecht 0-0 Dinamo Moscow

Anderlecht were held to a 0-0 draw at home by 10-man Dinamo Moscow in the UEFA Europa League round of 32 first leg tie at Constant Vanden Stock Stadium.

It was a frustrating night for both sides, although Dinamo arguably hold the advantage ahead of the second leg in Russia.

Dinamo finished the game a man down after defender Alexander Buttner was sent off for his second bookable offence in the 75th minute following a foul on Anthony Vanden Borre.

Anderlecht's previous home games against Russian clubs had been high-scoring affairs, with their six home matches before the meeting with Dinamo yielding 29 goals - 16 for Belgian side and 13 for the visitors.

It was to be a different story on Thursday, however, as both sides struggled to create chances and had few shots on target.

Anderlecht striker Aleksandar Mitrovic had the first attempt on goal in the fifth minute when he blazed over the bar from the right of the area.

Yoeri Tielemans missed the right post of the Dinamo goal 10 minutes later before Olivier Deschacht's close-range header was saved by Vladimir Gabulov.

Buttner sent an effort over the bar from 20 yards shortly before the half-time whistle as both sides struggled to find a cutting edge.

After the break, Mitrovic sent an effort wide from the middle of the area before Aleksandr Kokorin finally tested Anderlecht goalkeeper Silvio Proto who saved his header from Mathieu Valbuena's inswinging corner just before the hour mark.

Proto then denied William Vainqueur's 30-yard shot in the 66th minute before opposite number Vladimir Gabulov saved Anderlecht midfielder Andy Najar's shot from the right of the box.

The visitors were then left to play the remaining 15 minutes a man down after Buttner was shown his second yellow card of the match after a challenge on Borre.

Anderlecht struggled to create any more chances despite their numerical advantage, with the best Najar's strike over the bar two minutes from the final whistle.