The summer transfer window is approaching, and there's plenty of gossip swirling about who's moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Barcelona set price for Dest's transfer
It is felt within the Blaugrana that the right-back position is an area for improvement, so they are willing to let Dest go in order to make that happen.
This stance comes despite Xavi Hernandez feeling that the 21-year-old has made positive strides in recent months and has great potential.
While he doesn't have a large salary compared to his teammates, offloading Dest would take €12m off the balance sheet.
is possible departure would be made even more likely if Cesar Azpilicueta joins Barca when his Chelsea contract ends in June, as has been previously reported. Sergi Roberto and Dani Alves could both stay even if Azpilicueta joins, paving the way for Dest to leave.
With that said, Barcelona are prioritising the signing of Azpilicueta before moving Dest on.
There has been plenty of interest in Dest in the past, especially before he joined Barcelona from Ajax Amsterdam in 2020. Linked clubs have included the likes of Bayern Munich and Chelsea, who could reignite that interest.
20:03 BST: The Kylian Mbappe saga is over. The Paris Saint-Germain announced on Saturday night that one of the world's most exciting young talents is staying put after weeks of speculation he might move to another powerhouse, including Real Madrid.
19.00 BST: Premier League sides West Ham, Leicester and Newcastle are keen on signing Strasbourg centre-back Gerzino Nyamsi, sources told ESPN.
The 25-year-old has been one of the revelations of the season in France and Napoli could also re-enter the running to sign him after having a bid knocked back in January for him.
Strasbourg, fifth in Ligue 1, may find it difficult to keep hold of Nyamsi this summer amid mounting interest, even though the player's contract still has three years to run.
17.45 BST: It's all about PSG today isn't it...
Footmercato reports that PSG want to sign Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele to replace Angel Di Maria this summer.
Di Maria, 34, is set to depart on a free transfer once his contract expires, while Dembele's terms at Camp Nou are also up in a few months and he's eyeing a move if he can't agree an extension.
Dembele is still only 25 but has struggled with injury issues in recent years since moving to Barca from Dortmund for €105m in 2017. This season, though, he has two goals and 13 assists in 31 games for the club.
17.07 BST: LaLiga chief Javier Tebas is pretty unhappy about the prospect of PSG keeping hold of Kylian Mbappe and being able to offer him such a large new contract.
Tebas called the deal "an insult to football" on his Twitter account and hit out at Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi as well.
"What PSG are doing by renewing Kylian Mbappe with huge amounts of money after making losses of €700m and having more than €600m of a wage bill is an insult to football," he wrote. "Al-Khelaifi is as dangerous as the Super League."
16.35 BST: Kylian Mbappe has been going back and forth over his decision.
Laurens: Mbappe transfer saga the most incredible of all time
Julien Laurens reacts to Kylian Mbappe's stunning decision to turn down a move to Real Madrid and stay at PSG.
And Real Madrid are not happy.
Faez: Real Madrid angry with Mbappe over transfer snub
Rodrigo Faez discusses Real Madrid's reaction to reports that Kylian Mbappe will be staying at PSG.
16.00 BST: Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo could be replaced by Luis Campos in the wake of Kylian Mbappe's shock U-turn to stay at the club, sources told ESPN.
Mbappe is due to sign a three-year deal, snubbing a widely expected move to Real Madrid, after a change of heart following months of negotiations between the two clubs.
Sources told ESPN one of the key points in Mbappe's discussions with PSG centered around Leonardo, with whom he has an uneasy relationship.
In one of the many rounds of talks held with the PSG hierarchy, Mbappe said he is not keen on Leonardo as the club's sporting director next season and identified transfer guru Luis Campos as an alternative.
Campos was at Monaco when Mbappe burst on to the scene and won the Ligue 1 title in 2017, as well as reaching the Champions League semifinals. The 57-year-old has a reputation for unearthing top talent and securing large transfer fees for hidden gems, with Mbappe one of many notable successes.
15.51 BST: Vivianne Miedema has said that her new deal with Arsenal makes her the highest paid women's player in England.
In an interview with The Guardian, Miedema revealed that she could have made more money if she went to a different club but that she wanted to win a title with Arsenal. She had been linked with a move to either Barcelona or Paris Saint-Germain.
"There have been two clubs where I could have made more money, but I think I can say that I will be the highest-paid [women's] footballer in England. So I certainly can't complain," she said. "I really felt the appreciation of the club, and they do things well anyway. When you walk into the training complex at Arsenal you have the feeling that something is being worked on, you feel accepted, heard. You are part of something bigger."
15.38 BST: Newcastle United are making rival clubs and player agents lower expectations of lucrative deals with the St James' Park club this summer, sources told ESPN, with the new owners ruling out a move for Manchester United's out-of-contract midfielder Jesse Lingard unless he reduces his £150,000-a-week wage demands.
Having completed their takeover of Newcastle last October by buying out previous owner Mike Ashley, the Saudi Arabia-backed consortium which now controls the club invested over £90m in new signings during the January transfer window, including England defender Kieran Trippier and Brazil midfielder Bruno Guimaraes.
But while sources said that head coach Eddie Howe will be backed in the transfer window with substantial funds this summer, agents and clubs have been made aware that Newcastle's new owners will not pay excessive fees or wages in order to bolster their squad.
14.52 BST: Kylian Mbappe has said he will stay at Paris Saint-Germain, sources told ESPN, in a shock U-turn that sees Real Madrid miss out again on their long-term transfer target.
Mbappe, 23, had been widely expected to move to the Bernabeu this summer, with his PSG contract due to expire on June 30. But following a late change of heart, Mbappe is set to sign a three-year contract with PSG.
Sources added Mbappe spoke with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez to inform him of his decision, as well as communicating it to PSG coach Mauricio Pochettino and his teammates.
Real Madrid had been in contact with Mbappe's entourage all season since PSG rejected a series of bids in the region of €200 million for the forward last summer, and sources told ESPN they believed they had the player's word that he would join them as a free agent.
However, PSG were determined to convince Mbappe to stay, and sources told ESPN they offered him much-improved terms on a new deal which was more financially attractive than Madrid's offer in an effort to secure a change of heart.
14.40 BST: Brentford midfielder Christian Eriksen says he has yet to decide where he will continue his career.
Eriksen, 30, sign a short-term deal at Brentford in January after suffering a cardiac arrest while playing for Denmark at Euro 2020 last summer. He was released by Inter Milan in December after being fitted with a heart-starting device, something that prevents him from playing in Italy, but has impressed back in the Premier League since making his return.
"I don't know what the future holds," he told the BBC. "It will be a decision from a sporting perspective but also be a family perspective going into the decision of where we're going to go."
Asked if Brentford were in the running for a permanent move, he said: "They are, they definitely are. I haven't made up my mind 100% of where I'm going. I have an idea, but what's going to happen I don't know. But Brentford are definitely in the category of one of the clubs."
14.03 BST: Southampton goalkeeper Fraser Forster is first choice for Tottenham as they seek a backup to Hugo Lloris next season, says The Athletic.
Forster, 34, is out of contract in the summer and looks set to move on. The England international has seen plenty of game time this season after Alex McCarthy suffered a hamstring injury in December, but Tottenham want him to provide competition for Lloris.
Tottenham's current option, Pierluigi Gollini, will return to Atalanta when his loan finishes.
13.30 BST: Does Christian Pulisic need to leave Chelsea?
Leboeuf: Christian Pulisic needs to leave Chelsea
Frank Leboeuf explains why he doesn't see a future for Christian Pulisic under Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea.
12.47 BST: Barcelona coach Xavi Hernandez has confirmed the club are working on the signing of Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski this summer.
Lewandowski, 33, still has one year to run on his contract but last week revealed his desire to leave Bayern after eight seasons at the German club.
After missing out on Erling Haaland to Manchester City, Barca's striker search has turned to the Poland international with Xavi desperate to add more firepower to his side.
"Yes, Lewandowski is an option," Xavi revealed in a news conference on Saturday ahead of Barca's final game of the LaLiga season against Villarreal. "He has already said he wants to leave, there are negotiations, but he still has a contract at his club. It won't be easy being Bayern, but it's an option."
11.56 BST: Goal reports that Chelsea striker Armando Broja, who has been on loan at Southampton this season, is attracting interest from AC Milan, Inter, Napoli, Newcastle, and West Ham.
Broja, 20, has impressed during his loan spell and has nine goals in 38 appearances. But the Albania international is unsure about his future at Stamford Bridge and could be persuaded to move if a club bids around £25m for his services.
11.11 BST: Real Madrid believe that Kylian Mbappe will announce a decision on his future this weekend, sources have told ESPN, with uncertainty around the situation causing "nervousness and confusion" over the club's chances of signing the Paris Saint-Germain forward.
According to sources, there is "pessimism" at Madrid over the potential deal, while there is a similar level of uncertainty at PSG. Earlier this week, sources close to the Ligue 1 champions told ESPN the club had given up on keeping Mbappe because they thought he would join Madrid.
However, with Mbappe expected to announce his definitive decision over the next few days, the France international has not communicated it to either club.
Madrid -- who have known for months that the player had given the OK to a move to the Bernabeu -- do not understand his behaviour over the past two weeks, sources said.
The club are nervous at this late stage because they have not received confirmation that Mbappe intends to formally accept their offer or stay in Paris.
Both clubs find themselves in a tense standoff as they expect the player to speak publicly this weekend.
10.28 BST: Paul Pogba is considering an offer to return to Juventus, sources have told ESPN.
The midfielder is set to leave Manchester United when his contract expires at the end of June.
There is interest from Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain in signing Pogba on a free transfer in the summer and the 29-year-old has a concrete proposal on the table from the Serie A side.
Sources have told ESPN that Pogba is yet to make a final decision and has not ruled out making a switch to PSG although Juventus are, for now, considered to be frontrunners to land the World Cup winner.
There has also been interest from Manchester City, although sources have told ESPN his preference is to move abroad.
09.51 BST: Tottenham Hotspur are exploring the possibility of signing Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic on a free transfer, sources have told ESPN.
Although Inter are continuing talks with the 33-year-old in an effort to find an agreement before his contract expires this summer, Perisic is increasingly likely to leave the club with Juventus leading the race for his signature.
However, sources have told ESPN that Spurs have emerged as a possible alternative destination, with the player open to a possible reunion with Antonio Conte in north London.
09.00 BST: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is facing a battle to relaunch his career this summer amid concerns Liverpool's transfer strategy could force him to see out the final year of his contract at Anfield, sources told ESPN.
Oxlade-Chamberlain, 28, has not appeared in Jurgen Klopp's Premier League team since playing 62 minutes of the 3-1 win at home to Norwich in February and the former England midfielder was an unused substitute as a depleted Liverpool side won 2-1 at Southampton on Tuesday.
Despite being fit and available, the former Arsenal player's only first-team appearances during the past three months have been FA Cup outings against Norwich and Nottingham Forest.
But while Liverpool are prepared to listen to offers for Oxlade-Chamberlain this summer, sources told ESPN the club will assess how much interest there is in him before setting a valuation on a player signed for £35m from Arsenal in 2017.
PSG's incredible attempts to keep Mbappe from Real Madrid
Julien Laurens says even the French president has been involved in PSG's attempt to keep Kylian Mbappe from Real Madrid.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)
- According to Guillem Balague, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has told players that Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe will not be joining them. The development comes as sources have told ESPN that has been "nervousness and confusion" over Madrid's chances of signing Mbappe on a free transfer in the summer. The France star is expected to announce his decision this weekend.
- Leeds United winger Raphinha could be of interest to Manchester United in the summer, according to The Telegraph. While the Red Devils are monitoring the situation, with Leeds possibly one game away from relegation, they are aware that the intense rivalry between the two clubs could get in the way of any deal. There has also been reported interested from Barcelona and West Ham United.
- Despite interest from West Ham United, Calciomercato are reporting that Udinese's Gerard Deulofeu wants to stay in Italy with Napoli and AC Milan possible options. Napoli looked at the Spain forward back in his Watford days and their interest could gain momentum in the coming weeks. Udinese want around €15m.
- Calciomercato have also reported that Lazio could be willing to offload Luis Alberto in the summer window, though they won't accept any offer under €40m. The player himself wants to return to Spain, with Sevilla having been mentioned. Lazio will lose Lucas Leiva when his contract ends this summer, while Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is also expected to depart, so they could need to rebuild a whole midfield.
- Lille have announced that Xeka will leave the club when his contract ends in June, making him free to join another club. There is better news when it comes to Jose Fonte, though, with it being stated that the centre-back is staying with the club for one more year.
- Paulo Dybala, who will leave Juventus at season's end, has been linked to Internazionale but AS Roma legend Francesco Totti said he hopes the Argentina striker considers the capital club. When asked by Sky Sports Italia about Dybala, Totti said: "We will be in Milan for the [Samuel] Eto'o [Integration Heroes] match and we will play together, so I can give him some advice. We hope to succeed."
- With Dybala set for a Juventus exit, Fabrizio Romano reports that the Italian club are in advanced talks with Angel Di Maria over a one-year deal with an option for another season. PSG announced earlier Friday that Di Maria will leave the French side on a free transfer after seven seasons.