LIVE Transfer Talk: Florian Wirtz, Jude Bellingham top Real Madrid's transfer shortlist

The 2022 January transfer window is open (find out when it closes here), and there's plenty of gossip swirling about who's moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!

TOP STORY: Bellingham, Wirtz on Real radar

Real Madrid's interest in Paris Saint-Germain's Kylian Mbappe and Borussia Dortmund's Erling Haaland has been well documented, but Marca have listed five other players who are on Los Blancos' radar.

With the club looking for those who can take them into the future, the first name on that list is Haaland's Dortmund teammate Jude Bellingham.

The 18-year-old is already a key man for his club and has broken into Gareth Southgate's England setup, which means Real Madrid are among the many big-name clubs looking at him.

Another Bundesliga talent under consideration is Bayer Leverkusen's Florian Wirtz, the 18-year-old who already has eight goals and 12 assists to his name in all competitions this season.

Next is Ajax Amsterdam's Ryan Gravenberch, whose talent has long been evident for many, but Madrid have had their interest piqued by his growing influence in the Eredivisie.

Leicester City centre-back Wesley Fofana is also on the list, even though he has not been able to play yet this season due to injury.

The final name mentioned in Marca's report is Endrick, the 15-year-old who has already played numerous times for Palmeiras' first team despite being too young to sign a professional deal. This comes despite the fact the he would need to wait until he is 18 to move to Europe.

- Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
- Don't have ESPN? Get instant access

LIVE BLOG

21.49 GMT: One last update for today's live Transfer Talk blog, with Manchester United interim manager Ralf Rangnick leaving the door open for some of his fringe players to exit the club in the last week of the January window.

Rangnick revealed there are "negotiations with clubs" going on behind the scenes at Old Trafford as players look to for an exit before the deadline on Jan. 31.

Sources have told ESPN that Anthony Martial, Jesse Lingard, Donny van de Beek, Eric Bailly and Dean Henderson are among the players interested in moving in a bid to find more regular first team football.

20.58 GMT: Eden Hazard's Real Madrid teammates believe the out-of-favour forward will stay at the Bernabeu until the summer before making a decision on his long-term future, sources close to the dressing room told ESPN.

Hazard wants to stay at the club and hasn't given up hope of making an impact this year, with Madrid favourites to land the LaLiga title, having already picked up the first silverware of the season by winning the Spanish Supercopa. The Belgium international's substantial wages would make a departure this month extremely difficult, sources said. Hazard has made 27 starts in LaLiga in two-and-a-half years in Spain, scoring four league goals.

"I don't have to give advice to Hazard. He has the character and experience to choose what's best for him," coach Carlo Ancelotti said on Wednesday.

20.01 GMT: Manchester United are out of the race to sign Erling Haaland, sources told ESPN, with the club ready to focus on alternative attacking options having been made aware the Borussia Dortmund forward favours a summer move to Real Madrid.

Haaland, 21, is expected to leave Dortmund at the end of the season due to a €75 million release clause becoming active in his contract at the Bundesliga club this summer.

United failed to sign Haaland from FC Salzburg when he moved to Dortmund in January 2020, despite the club maintaining a long-standing interest dating back to his emergence as a 16-year-old at Molde in Norway. Sources told ESPN that senior figures at Old Trafford believe that Haaland is destined for Real this summer and that United are not in a position to persuade the player or his advisers to reconsider his options.

19.11 GMT: Every top team is looking for dependable full-backs these days, and Marca report that Atletico Madrid are interested in Chelsea's ageless defender Marcos Alonso to bolster Diego Simeone's options.

Alonso's in the regular rotation for the Blues these days due to Ben Chilwell's long-term injury, the report notes, though the summer could bring the opportunity for Simeone & Co. to make a proper pitch for Alonso to head south. Alonso, 31, can play a variety of roles down the flank and would fit Atletico's style of play.

18.23 GMT: Now for a quick look at MLS, where you may have missed a developing story involving the 2021 MLS Cup champions, New York City. With several of their stars already on the move this offseason (defender James Sands to Rangers, midfielder Jesus Medina to CSKA Moscow), ESPN's Jeff Carlisle and Daniel Bocatto report that influential playmaker Valentin "Taty" Castellanos could be the next to exit.

His destination? Reportedly Argentina powerhouse River Plate, who are expecting Julian Alvarez to leave imminently for Manchester City, with Castellanos the ideal replacement in that No.10-type role.

17.41 GMT: Adnan Januzaj is very close to agreeing a new contract with Real Sociedad, according to Mundo Deportivo.

Januzaj, 26, is out of contract in the summer, but has reportedly held "fruitful" talks with the club over signing another deal.

The Belgium international has made 153 appearances for La Real since joining them from Manchester United for €11m in 2019, scoring 21 goals.

- LaLiga on ESPN+: Stream LIVE games and replays (U.S. only)

16.57 GMT: Liverpool, along with Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, are the front-runners to land Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Denis Zakaria this month, sources told ESPN's Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens.

Zakaria, 25, is out of contract at the end of this season, and his agents have held talks with some of Europe's biggest clubs. However, a source close to the negotiations said Liverpool, Bayern and Dortmund are the three sides to have made the "most serious" approaches.

Monchengladbach are open to letting the Swiss international leave this month to avoid losing him for free in the summer. The player's camp are negotiating with a view to making a move in January but are also happy to wait until the end of the season if necessary. They have also held talks with Juventus and Manchester United, but a move to Old Trafford is viewed as an unlikely option in terms of this transfer window. A source said the uncertainty at United, with interim coach Ralf Rangnick in place only until the summer, has counted against them.

Zakaria joined Monchengladbach from Young Boys in 2017. He has made 138 appearances for the German club but is now ready to take the next step in his career.

- Alisson's 10/10 performance secures win at Crystal Palace

16.04 GMT: Newcastle United will hold talks with Brighton & Hove Albion over the potential £50m transfer of midfielder Yves Bissouma, the Mail on Sunday reports.

Bissouma, 25, has 18 months left on his contract at the Amex Stadium, but Brighton still want a big fee to part with the Mali international. Newcastle could steal a march on some of the big Premier League clubs who have been monitoring Bissouma if they are willing to make the outlay in January.

The Mail also reports that Newcastle are still working on a deal to bring Manchester United's Jesse Lingard to St James' Park, but they may turn to Tottenham's Dele Alli if they are unable to land their first-choice target to bolster their attacking options.

15.18 GMT: Chelsea and Inter Milan could take advantage of Aston Villa's failure to sign Stuttgart defender Borna Sosa, according to Sky.

Croatia international left-back Sosa, who has scored two goals in 18 club appearances this season, was a target for Villa but the deal fell through due to the €30m transfer fee Stuttgart were after.

However, Sky Deutschland's Marc Behrenbeck reports that could open the way for European giants Chelsea and Inter to make their own approaches in the summer.

14.26 GMT: Austin FC is close to completing the acquisition of Norway defender Ruben Gabrielsen, sources have confirmed to ESPN's Jeff Carlisle.

Gabrielsen, 29, just completed a four-month stint with Danish side FC Copenhagen, where he was on loan from Ligue 2 outfit Toulouse FC.

Prior to his time with Toulouse, where he made 50 league and cup appearances, Gabrielsen spent the entirety of his career in his native Norway. He had spells with Gjøvik-Lyn, Lillestrøm and most notably Molde where he made 166 league and cup appearances, scoring seven goals.

13.31 GMT: Real Madrid and Barcelona have agreed a "non-aggression pact" to not approach each other's players while they are still under contract, Marca reports, after Madrid were linked with a move for Barca defender Ronald Araujo.

Club presidents Florentino Perez and Joan Laporta have spoken and struck an "unwritten agreement" not to get involved while negotiations over renewals are ongoing, according to the newspaper, to avoid being used to drive up wages.

The pact also covers youngsters who form part of each club's academy -- but won't apply when a player is in the final six months of his contract, as per FIFA rules.

Reports earlier this month had suggested centre-back Araujo, 22, was a Madrid target with his Barca contract due to expire in 2023.

12.44 GMT: Manchester United are out of the race to sign Erling Haaland, sources told ESPN's Mark Ogden, with the club ready to focus on alternative attacking options having been made aware the Borussia Dortmund forward favours a summer move to Real Madrid.

Haaland, 21, is expected to leave Dortmund at the end of the season due to a €75m release clause becoming active in his contract at the Bundesliga club this summer.

United failed to sign Haaland from FC Salzburg when he moved to Dortmund in January 2020, despite the club maintaining a long-standing interest dating back to his emergence as a 16-year-old at Molde in Norway. Sources told ESPN that senior figures at Old Trafford believe that Haaland is destined for Real this summer and that United are not in a position to persuade the player or his advisers to reconsider his options.

With Edinson Cavani out of contract and likely to leave at the end of the season and Cristiano Ronaldo 37 next month, United are focusing on other options to solve their search for a proven goal scorer.

The turmoil at Old Trafford has severely damaged United's prospects of signing Haaland, although sources have said that the dismissal of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as manager in November -- Solskjaer gave Haaland his debut at Molde -- has not contributed to the team's diminishing hopes.

Sources said that although the Haaland camp are admirers of the work done by United interim manager Ralf Rangnick at previous clubs, the prospect of signing for United while they remain in a period of transition, and potentially out of the Champions League, has made the 20-time English champions an unappealing proposition considering the other teams in the race to sign Haaland.

United know that Haaland does not see them as a viable option in the present circumstances and are focusing on the recruitment of a permanent manager rather than devoting time to the pursuit of a player who favours a move elsewhere.

11.57 GMT: Christian Eriksen is in line to complete his sensational return to football in the coming days, according to the Sunday Mirror.

Sources told ESPN's James Olley last week that Brentford have held talks over signing Eriksen on an initial six-month contract, and now the Mirror reports that the 29-year-old just has to pass a medical to complete his transfer, and it could happen in the next 72 hours.

Eriksen is a free agent after his contract with Inter Milan was terminated last month following the Italian medical authority's refusal to allow him to play with a cardiac device implant. He suffered a cardiac arrest during Denmark's opening game of Euro 2020 against Finland in June last year and received life-saving treatment on the pitch before being taken to hospital.

He was subsequently fitted with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD). Serie A rules prohibit any player using such a device, but Eriksen believes he can continue to play at the highest level.

Eriksen would have to be assessed by a Football Association-approved cardiac specialist before he could sign for an English club. Around 1,500 such examinations are done each year, with the FA providing a central storage system for screening results which FA medical staff and authorised clubs have access to.

11.11 GMT: Another player who has been left out of their team's matchday squad today is Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic.

However, unlike Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele (see 10.28 GMT), there had previously been no indication from Fiorentina coach Vincenzo Italiano or the club that Vlahovic, who has scored 20 goals in 24 games for Fiorentina so far this season, would be left out for the trip to Sardinia.

Vlahovic is a man in demand, with sources telling ESPN's Mark Ogden that as many as eight of Europe's leading clubs are interested in the Serbia international. Arsenal are reportedly keen on landing the player this month, but a move in January is unlikely and they face competition from Europe's biggest clubs.

Borussia Dortmund's Erling Haaland and Tottenham's Harry Kane are likely to be the most sought-after centre-forwards in the transfer market this summer. Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski would potentially be available if the Bundesliga club decide to offload the 33-year-old should he reject the opportunity to extend his contract beyond its June 2023 expiry date.

But with several top clubs needing to recruit a centre-forward, sources said that Vlahovic is likely to move to a team that misses out on Haaland and Kane. Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Barcelona are all in the market for a striker this summer, with Bayern and Paris Saint-Germain also likely to be in the hunt if Lewandowski and Kylian Mbappe leave the Allianz Arena and Parc des Princes, respectively. Sources said that Atletico Madrid and Juventus are also potential options for Vlahovic, although the deep-rooted rivalry between Juve and Fiorentina could prove problematic even if Juventus are able to fund a bid for the former Partizan Belgrade striker.

Vlahovic is under contract at Fiorentina until June 2023, and sources have said that the Serie A club accept that they will have to offload the player this summer to avoid losing him for nothing as a free agent next year.

10.28 GMT: Barcelona forward Ousamne Dembele has once again been left out of the matchday squad by coach Xavi has his contract standoff with the club continues.

Dembele has been left out for Sunday's league game at Alaves (stream LIVE on ESPN+ in the U.S. at 3 p.m. ET) after he was also not selected for the midweek game at Athletic.

The France international has not signed a new contract at the Camp Nou with just six months to run on his deal and has turned down all offers of an extension.

"There's no debate," Xavi said in his prematch news conference on Saturday. "I've been very clear. It depends on him.

"Ousmane's situation hasn't changed. He knows perfectly well what his situation is.

"He is calm, he is training well and he is part of our training group. There are still days left [in the transfer window] but there's no alternative [he either signs or leaves]."

09.44 GMT: Teenage left-back Dylan Williams has announced that he is signed for Chelsea from Championship club Derby County.

The 18-year-old posted a picture of himself signing for the European champions on his Instagram account, although neither club has yet confirmed the transfer.

Williams only made his first-team debut for Derby in August while he was still 17, since when he has made a total of eight appearances for Wayne Rooney's side including two league starts.

09.00 GMT: Steven Bergwijn's dramatic match-winning cameo against Leicester on Wednesday has reinforced Tottenham's valuation of the midfielder which has so far frustrated Ajax during negotiations, sources told ESPN's James Olley.

Spurs are believed to be seeking to recoup the majority of the €32million they paid PSV Eindhoven in January 2020 but Ajax have so far only shown a willingness to pay around half that figure.

Bergwijn's brace off the bench at the King Power Stadium has only strengthened Spurs' resolve.

The 24-year-old was introduced as a 79th minute substitute with Tottenham 2-1 down before scoring twice in stoppage time to secure what could prove to be a vital win in the hunt for a Premier League top-four finish.

Head coach Antonio Conte is also willing to continue using Bergwijn should an agreement not be reached with Ajax. It remains to be seen whether Wednesday's outing convinces Ajax to raise their offer or marks the start of Bergwijn's revival in north London.

PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)

- Juventus midfielder Aaron Ramsey could make a surprise move to relegation battlers Burnley, says the Sun. The Italian giants are reportedly "desperate" to get the Wales international off their books and have approached Sean Dyche's side after Crystal Palace declined to make an offer.

- West Ham United want to sign Dominic Calvert-Lewin as they search for a striker, but Everton are demanding £60 million for the England international, according to the Sun. David Moyes is said to be willing to put in a big offer for a new frontman, but the current valuation is deemed too high for the Hammers. In need of funds after years of overspending, the Toffees are also considering off-loading Jordan Pickford.

- Tottenham Hotspur are planning to make an offer to Club Brugge for 20-year-old forward Charles De Ketelaere during the summer transfer window, as has been reported by Ekrem Konur. The Belgium international has already scored 13 goals and assisted a further eight in all competitions this season, while Spurs have reportedly been moving to sign Wolves flyer Adama Traore this month.

- Aston Villa are in talks with Juventus to sign Rodrigo Bentancur, as has been reported by Sky Sports, with the Uruguayan midfielder being valued at around £16m. Negotiations are currently ongoing, as Steven Gerrard feels that the 24-year-old can strengthen Villa's midfield, specifically providing good competition for Douglas Luiz.

- Valencia have contacted Tottenham about the possibility of signing Bryan Gil on loan, reports AS. The Spaniard has not been a prominent figure since joining Spurs in the summer, so would be happy to go as long as the North London club gives the green light. It is expected that a deal will be completed late in the window if it is to come off.

- Having already signed Chris Wood from Burnley, Newcastle United are now trying to bring in James Tarkowski, according to the Sun. However, the Clarets are already frustrated about seeing one key player join a relegation rival, so it is expected that a big offer would be required to see Tarkowski leave Turf Moor.