The January transfer window is almost upon us and, naturally, all the gossip on who's moving where is heating up. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz as we count down to the 2022 winter window.
TOP STORY: Leeds' Raphinha in demand
The Brazil international has impressed in the Premier League since his switch from Stade Rennais in 2020, currently leading the way as Leeds' top scorer with eight goals so far this season in 16 league appearances.
The 25-year-old has gone on to earn a senior cap for Brazil, making his debut in October and impressing with his technical ability and flair. And now, he is reported to be attracting interest from some of the biggest clubs in Europe, with journalist Nicolo Schira claiming that Bayern are interested in a potential deal.
The Bundesliga champions could lose forward Kingsley Coman on a free transfer in 2023, leaving them potentially light in the wide areas if he moves on.
There is some concern for the Reds, who will be without Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah in January due to the Africa Cup of Nations, however they are unlikely to make a move in the winter market and any transfer would take place in the summer.
- Transfer window preview: Mbappe, Haaland to move next month?
- FC 100: Messi, Lewandowski are No. 1s; Premier League dominant
- Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, FA Cup (U.S.) | FC Daily
22.30 GMT: That's it for today's live blog, but we'll leave you with Mark Ogden's preview of players that need to move in the January window -- including Christian Pulisic, Raheem Sterling and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang -- and will return with tomorrow's paper round shortly.
22.07 GMT: Arsenal are linked with a shock return for midfielder Aaron Ramsey by Calciomercato, with two other clubs said to be interested in the Wales international.
The 31-year-old has struggled in Turin since making the switch in 2019, with Massimiliano Allegri looking to transform the Juventus midfield in the upcoming window. As a result, Ramsey, who enjoyed some fantastic seasons at the Emirates, is said to be free to leave on loan, with the Gunners, Newcastle and Sevilla all monitoring the situation.
21.31 GMT: Inter Miami and Corinthians are monitoring the contract situation of Atletico Madrid striker Luis Suarez, reports journalist Ekrem Konur.
The 34-year-old's deal at the LaLiga club expires in the summer, allowing him to agree a pre-contract as of Jan. 1. The reporter claims that MLS side Inter Miami are willing to offer the Uruguay international a two-year contract at the club, where he could play alongside another high-profile European signing in Gonzalo Higuain.
20.42 GMT: Torino striker Andrea Belotti is on the radar of fellow Serie A clubs AC Milan, Napoli and Fiorentina, according to Calciomercato.
The Italy international is out of contract with the club in the summer after seven years and a spell as captain. The report claims that a renewal is far from happening, with a number of clubs in Italy's top flight taking interest in the man who has scored more than 100 goals for the Turin side.
20.00 GMT: Manchester United are interested in signing Barcelona defender Ronald Araujo, reports El Nacional.
The Red Devils already bolstered their defence in the summer, landing Raphael Varane from Real Madrid. However, the report claims that Ralf Rangnick's side are looking to add more at the back, with the 22-year-old, who's been a mainstay in the Barca defence this season, set to be out of contract in 2023.
19.15 GMT: Roma manager Jose Mourinho is eyeing up a move for Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek, reports Gazzetta dello Sport.
The Portuguese coach has been linked with a number of moves for Premier League players in recent weeks, having already signed Tammy Abraham and is reportedly close to landing Ainsley Maitland-Niles from Arsenal. The 25-year-old played four games under Mourinho at Chelsea back in the 2014-15 season, making one Champions League appearance.
18.35 GMT: West Ham are interested in Bayer Leverkusen player Patrik Schick, writes Calciomercarto.
The Hammers have been linked with a number of strikers due to the lack of depth behind first-team forward Michail Antonio. The 25-year-old Czech Republic international has had his best goal return this season in Germany since his move from Roma in 2020, scoring 16 times in 14 appearances so far in the league.
18.00 GMT: It won't come as a surprise that Isco and Gareth Bale are likely on their way out at Real Madrid. The duo are not involved in Carlo Ancelotti's current plans or those for the future, reports Marca, with both out of contract next summer.
Los Blancos are also said to be willing to listen to offers for Luka Jovic, Eden Hazard and Mariano Diaz, however Ancelotti may still have use for these three in Madrid, adds the Spanish outlet.
17.30 GMT: PSG are looking to move on Julian Draxler, Layvin Kurzawa and Sergio Rico, according to journalist Nicolo Schira.
The Ligue 1 leaders have been linked with a number of outgoings at the club due to the size of their squad, with the trio rarely involved in the first team so far this season.
Kurzawa joined from Monaco in 2015, while Germany international Draxler made his move to Paris from Wolfsburg in 2017. Goalkeeper Rico has made just 15 appearances for the Parisiens after coming over on loan from Sevilla in 2019, with his move becoming permanent in 2020.
It is unclear from the report whether PSG will try to offload these players in January or wait until the summer window.
17.00 GMT: Real Betis are in talks with Real Madrid over the transfer of midfielder Dani Ceballos, reports Mundo Deportivo.
The Verdiblanco are looking to add the 25-year-old to their squad in January for €10m, however Los Blancos are holding out for €15m to let the Spaniard leave the club, says the report.
A transfer to Betis would see Ceballos return to where he began his career, coming through the club's academy before moving to Real Madrid in 2017 and then on loan to Arsenal in 2019.
16.17 GMT: Chelsea spent €115m to sign striker Romelu Lukaku from Inter Milan last summer.
Is Romelu Lukaku back after scoring first goal since September?
Frank Leboeuf questions if Romelu Lukaku is back to his best after ending a three-month goal drought for Chelsea.
15.50 GMT: Manchester United could lose out on Marseille star Boubacar Kamara to Newcastle, says Marca.
Kamara, 22, is available on a free transfer in the summer but January will see a scramble for his signature. The French defender/midfielder could be snapped up for around €15m with Wolves also interested.
United would only sign him for nothing, so could miss their chance if another club agrees a deal when the January window opens. However, United could offer Marseille the chance to sign wantaway forward Anthony Martial on loan as a sweetener.
15.03 GMT: AS says that Real Madrid are preparing an offer to sign Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger.
Rudiger, 28, looks set to snub a new contract and move for nothing in the summer when his contract expires.
The Germany international is being tracked by every top club in Europe but wants a hefty wage packet to join.
Madrid are keen but are reportedly still finalising their contract offer, which means that other interested parties still have time to make their own moves.
14.24 GMT: Barcelona seem to have a little bit of money to spend, though how much remains in the budget once €55m is handed over for Man City forward Ferran Torres remains to be seen.
Anyway, SPORT claims that Ajax right-back Noussair Mazraoui and Valencia left-back Jose Gaya are on Xavi's agenda in January.
Barca would need at least €25m to sign Gaya from their LaLiga rivals, while Mazraoui may come a little cheaper.
The future of United States international full-back Sergino Dest is brought into question as a result, with sources telling ESPN last week that Barca are open to offers for the 21-year-old defender.
13.45 GMT: Gazzetta dello Sport says that Juventus want to land Sassuolo striker Gianluca Scamacca in the January transfer window.
Scamacca, 22, has six goals in 19 games so far this season and Juve are keen to bolster their attacking options.
The Italy international is rated at around €40m, but Juve will attempt to do one of their classic two-year loan deals with an option/obligation to sign him permanently once it expires.
13.04 GMT: ICYMI - Roma are in talks to sign Arsenal midfielder Ainsley Maitland-Niles on loan during the January transfer window, sources have told ESPN's James Olley.
It is understood the Italian club's sporting director Tiago Pinto has made contact with Arsenal to explore the possibility of signing the midfielder, who is open to the move.
Sources have told ESPN that Roma are keen to discuss a loan move with an option to make the deal permanent. Discussions have centred around a four-year contract but as yet no potential fee for a permanent deal has been negotiated.
12.22 GMT: Man City don't have a traditional central striker but they still seem to manage to score enough goals.
How Man City is finding so much success without a striker
Shaka Hislop credits Pep Guardiola for his tactical genius following Man City 6-3 win over Leicester on Boxing Day.
11.01 GMT: Could Tottenham get Harry Kane to sign a new contract and reject a move away this summer?
Kane, 28, made it clear he wanted out of the club six months ago but Tottenham held firm over their £150m valuation and he was forced to remain at the club.
Now Antonio Conte has arrived as manager, will the England striker stay? Fabrizio Romano reports that Kane's relationship with Conte is "more than good" and that could be key.
Though Spurs' final position in the Premier League table is more likely to have an impact, as Kane wants to win trophies and play in the Champions League at this stage of his career.
10.40 GMT: Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves is the latest player to be linked to Manchester United, says The Mirror.
Neves, 24, has impressed in recent seasons and United's new interim manager Ralf Rangnick is looking to add to his midfield.
The Portugal international would cost around £40m to sign, while Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea have all been linked with him in the past.
10.15 GMT: Mundo Deportivo reports that Manchester City forward Ferran Torres is in Barcelona to have his medical today.
Sources have told ESPN that Barca and City officials have agreed a deal worth an initial €55m with a further €10m in potential add-ons.
However, financially-stricken Barca still have work to do to pull off the transfer. Hampered by LaLiga's financial restrictions and €1.4bn debt, the club must move players on before they can make new signings.
Their spending limit for the season has been set at €97m by the Spanish league, which is significantly lower than their wage bill but they are permitted to spend 25% of any savings they make, be that in wages or transfer fees.
09.57 GMT: Marca reckons that Real Madrid are looking to clear out a couple of big earners in January.
Forward Gareth Bale, 32, and midfielder Isco, 29, are the two suggested, which could save the club a lot of money in wages -- though they would need to buy them out of their contracts unless an offer arrived from another club.
09.35 GMT: Chelsea full-back Reece James is wanted by Real Madrid, while the Spanish side want to move on Eden Hazard.
That's enough for El Nacional to claim a swap is on the cards between the two clubs, though clearly Real Madrid are getting much the better deal if it does come off.
James is one of the best young defenders in world football and Madrid need to replace Dani Carvajal long-term at right-back. Meanwhile Hazard's career has fallen off a cliff since his €100m move to Madrid in 2019 from Stamford Bridge.
It's hard to see Chelsea wanting to bring the 30-year-old Hazard back in his current shape while letting James go in the other direction, even if £50m is added to the equation.
09.00 GMT: Manchester United interim manager Ralf Rangnick has confirmed Anthony Martial has asked to leave the club in January but no club has registered interest.
Martial held a meeting with Rangnick last week, and he backed up the claims of his agent, Phillippe Lamboley, confirming that he wishes to leave the club.
Rangnick said he is sympathetic to Martial's situation after struggling for opportunities this season, but added the 26-year-old will only be granted a move if it suits the club.
"We spoke at length and he explained to me he has been at Manchester United now for the last seven years and he feels it is the right time for a change, to go somewhere else," Rangnick said. "I think in a way this is understandable. I could follow his thoughts but on the other hand, it's also important to see the situation of the club.
"We have COVID-19 times, we have three competitions in which we still have high ambitions and want to be as successful as we can be. I told him listen, as long as there is no club showing interest in him -- and it should not only be in the interest of the player it should also be in the interest of the club -- so far, as far as I know, there has been no offer from any other club and as long as this is the case he will stay."
Why Rice or Phillips would be a dream January Man Utd signing
Janusz Michallik says either of England's midfield two would strengthen Man Utd significantly in January.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Luke Thrower)
- Major League Soccer side Toronto FC have made a large contract offer for Lorenzo Insigne, according to Calciomercato. The Italy international is out of contract with Napoli in the summer, with the report claiming that the Reds have made an offer of €7m-a-year to sign with them once his deal in Naples expires.
- Transfer journalist Fabrizio Romano has revealed that Bundesliga side Wolfsburg are pushing to sign FC Dallas striker Ricardo Pepi. Negotiations are said to be advanced between the two clubs, with the 18-year-old prepared to leave the MLS side in favour of European football.
- Corinthians are set to challenge Barcelona for Manchester United forward Edinson Cavani, says AS. The Brazilian club are prepared to offer more than the Catalonian side, who AS says could struggle to match the proposal due to financial restraints. The report also claims Corinthians have made an enquiry for Atletico Madrid's Luis Suarez.
- Tottenham Hotspur will have to offer €70m to land transfer targets Weston McKennie and Dejan Kulusevski from Juventus. According to Calciomercato, the Old Lady are willing to move on the pair, valuing them at €35m each. Antonio Conte is said to be keen on landing them in his first transfer window in charge at Spurs.