LIVE Transfer Talk: Isco 'ready to leave' Real Madrid in January

play
Guardiola gave 'the perfect answer' on Messi's future (1:27)

Julien Laurens says Pep Guardiola's answer on Lionel Messi's future was a masterful distraction. (1:27)

The coronavirus pandemic made the summer transfer market unlike any before it, but there were still plenty of deals done, and you can check out the major ones here. The window might be closed across the top leagues in Europe, but here are the best rumours from around the globe.

TOP STORY: Isco 'ready to leave' Real Madrid

Isco has been persistently linked with a move away from Real Madrid in recent weeks -- and now Marca's front page headline on Saturday claims the midfielder is "ready to leave in January."

Isco appears to have lost the confidence of coach Zinedine Zidane, starting just three La Liga games so far this season.

Marca reports that the playmaker's father and agent Francisco has told the club that he would be willing to leave during the upcoming transfer window.

That follows a conversation between Isco and Zidane, according to the newspaper, with all parties agreeing that the 28-year-old could benefit from a change of scene.

A loan or a permanent move are both reportedly on the table, with Isco's contract at the Bernabeu expiring in June 2022.

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti is keeping his cards close to his chest over reported interest.

"Isco is a rumour from the press, from the media. It's not a rumour that went out from our side," Ancelotti said. "We are not talking about the market in this period, we are talking about the problem that we had and we are working to try and solve this problem. Apart from this, Isco was my player at Real Madrid and was a fantastic player. He is a Real Madrid player.

LIVE BLOG

22.30 GMT: that will do it for the latest edition of our LIVE Transfer Talk blog. We hoped you enjoyed following along with us and remind you to check back shortly for the latest transfer rumours, reports and deals. Goodnight!

22.24 GMT: Football Insider has tipped a Spurs regular for a surprise loan move come January.

Correspondent Danny Mills claims that Harry Winks is not happy with his current situation at Tottenham and that the 24-year-old will look to secure a loan move in order to find consistent playing time ahead of next summer's Euros.

Mills said: "In January he's got to be looking at a move because you've got [Pierre-Emile] Hojbjerg who has come in with [Moussa] Sissoko and [Tanguy] Ndombele who has turned things around with Mourinho.

"So I just look at it and think Harry Winks needs to be playing to have a chance of getting in that England squad for the Euros.

"A loan move may well be the best thing for him, not long term, just to get out and play football, so he can show Gareth what he's capable of and he can keep his fitness levels up and keep his sharpness up.

Winks has not played in any of Spurs' last four Premier League games and has not started in the league since the end of September.

21.32 GMT: Diogo Dalot's form at Milan offers hope of a future for the Portuguese at parent club Manchester United, sources tell ESPN.

ESPN has learned that there is no buy-clause in the youngster's loan agreement with Milan and that United remain hopeful the 21-year-old can develop into a regular for the club. Dalot, who joined United from Porto for £19 million in 2018, has played five times thus far for the Rossoneri, tallying a goal and an assist from right-back.

20.43 GMT: Could Brazil veteran Miranda be headed home to Brazil?

Corriere dello Sport understands that the 36-year-old centre-back could opt for a return to Sao Paulo after two seasons in China with Jiangsu Suning. The ex-Inter and Atletico Madrid man recently won the Chinese Super League title with Jiangsu and may elect to ride off into the sunset as a winner. Miranda previously played with Sao Paulo between 2006-11.

19.25 GMT: Meanwhile, on the other side of Manchester, Pep Guardiola is reportedly looking for a Sergio Aguero replacement, according to the Telegraph.

The paper suggests that City are actively looking for someone to succeed the 32-year-old, with Benfica starlet Darwin Nunez an option. The 21-year-old Nunez, who is valued at over €100 million , is one of the most in-demand strikers on the market following his brilliant start to the season in Portugal.

A Uruguay international, Nunez has five goals and six assists in 11 games this season, including a hat trick in the Europa League against Lech Poznan

18.39 GMT: Could Bayern Munich's Niklas Sule be the answer to Man United's defensive problems?

Bild's Christian Falk claims that the Germany international one day dreams of joining the Red Devils.

The 25-year-old is rated among the Bundesliga's best centre-backs and would likely fetch a fee of wellover £50 million.

17.56 GMT: Mexican side Queretaro are making moves.

A day after signing Ecuadorian winger Jefferson Montero, reports in Mexico indicate that the club is now closing in on a deal for Montero's Ecuador teammate Antonio Valencia. ESPN Mexico sources have confirmed that the ex-Man United man will join Queretaro and should be announced sometime early next week.

Valencia, 35, can play as a right-back or right-winger and played last season in his native Ecuador with L.D.U. Quito.

17.02 GMT: Vadim Vasilyev, the former vice president of AS Monaco, reckons Kylian Mbappe could be on his way out of Paris Saint-Germain in the not too distant future. Vasilyev was in charge of transfers at Monaco in 2017 and oversaw the player's loan and eventual transfer to PSG for €145m, plus €35m in add-ons.

Even though the coronavirus pandemic has caused financial trouble for Europe's biggest clubs, Vasilyev still thinks one may find the funds to land Mbappe.

"He is going to have to take very important, very big decisions," Vasilyev told Telefoot Chaine. "It seems more likely that we are heading towards a departure. But nothing is impossible.

"You have to realise that Kylian is young. What he wants, is to win titles. Kylian is ambitious, he wants to win it all, beat all the records. If PSG can offer him a truly ambitious project where he feels comfortable in going further, giving him the chance to win everything in his entire life, there are chances."

16.18 GMT: Inter Milan are desperately trying to get Christian Eriksen off their books in January, just 10 months after signing him from Tottenham Hotspur. Corriere dello Sport reports that Inter are now looking at potential swap deals, with finances tight during he coronavirus pandemic.

Inter are interested in bringing in Leandro Paredes from Paris Saint-Germain, Granit Xhaka from Arsenal or Fred from Manchester United. But will any of those clubs want Eriksen?

15.31 GMT: Will Lionel Messi end up at Manchester City next summer after his Barcelona contract expires? Julien Laurens says Pep Guardiola's answer on the Argentina international's future was a masterful distraction.

14.40 GMT: Marca is reporting that Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo wants to be friends with Real Madrid again, but there's no suggestion he could return to the Bernabeu.

The report states that Ronaldo cut himself off from everyone at the club, apart from Marcelo, when he moved to Juve in 2018. But now he has got back in touch, and is hoping to attend El Clasico in March. But there is no chance of Madrid being able to afford to pay Ronaldo's wages.

13.51 GMT: Olivier Giroud's agent has hinted that the France international may stay at Chelsea for the season, amid speculation he could look to move on in January.

In an interview with Foot Mercato, Michael Manuello said: "We must not be blind and Frank Lampard has decided to put Tammy Abraham before him. It's not necessarily fair compared to what Olivier had done at the end of last season. But he has the right, it is his choice. So indeed, if it continues in this direction, then yes in December we will meet again as in December 2019. But we have to be honest and it's true that if this continues, he will have to experience other emotions first of all.

"Olivier belongs to his club, he is focused on the competition and we will see from mid-December to decide one way or the other."

12.56 GMT: Inter Milan are the new favourites to sign Arkadiusz Milik from Napoli in January, according to Calciomercato. Milik saw a proposed summer switch to AS Roma fall through at the last minute, and after he refused to discuss a contract extension he has been frozen out of the squad.

The striker is desperate to find a way out and get first-team football ahead of Euro 2020 next summer, when his deal expires, so Napoli may have to accept a cut-price transfer.

The report states that Inter have met Milik's agent and now hope to thrash out terms with his club. Inter will be owed €19m by Napoli when Matteo Politano makes his move permanent next year, so this could cover the transfer fee for Milik.

12.00 GMT: Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has tried to warn potential suitors, who are reported to include Manchester United, off a January move for France international Raphael Varane.

"It's not just me [who wants to keep him]," Zidane said ahead of Saturday's match with Villarreal. "He is part of this club, we were very lucky to be able to bring him to Madrid.

"He has a great career, he's achieved a lot since he's been here. Of course, he is untransferable for the club, for the coach that I am, for people in general.

"That's clear and unambiguous. Now we can't stop people from talking. They're not just talking about Varane, but about all the players, Real Madrid ones and others. But for Varane, my position is clear, and it's the same as the club's position."

11.07 GMT: Newcastle United boss Steve Bruce has hit out at the agent of Miguel Almiron after he claimed the midfielder would have moved to Inter Milan or Atletico Madrid during the summer but for the pandemic.

"His comments were outrageous, bordering on ridiculous," Bruce said. "A two-bob agent who is so amateurish... why would you put your client in that situation? If it was Almiron knocking on my door then I would listen, but an agent probably trying to profit again after two years is hugely disrespectful to the club. Miguel is a great pro and a great lad, but his agent leaves a lot to be desired."

10.17 GMT: Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti is giving nothing away over reported interest in Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira.

"I have a good memory of Sami Khedira, he was with me at Real Madrid and was a fantastic professional," Ancelotti said. "I would love to work with him, but unfortunately he's not the only one! I've had fantastic players in my career, I've had good memories of them. But to come here to Everton is another thing to consider."

09.30 GMT: The Daily Mirror says that Arsenal are ready to step up their interest in FC Salzburg midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai. The Hungary international has been on the radar of many top clubs after two stellar seasons for the Austrian club, and he has a release clause of £23m. But the Mirror reports that Arsenal only want to pay that fee in monthly instalments, rather than up front, and that could be a sticking point.

PAPER ROUND

Pogba could leave Man United as a free agent

Manchester United have already lost Paul Pogba at the end of his contract once and, according to The Athletic, it could happen again.

- Marcotti: Pogba's not criticizing Man United

The France international is reportedly reluctant to renew his contract with the Red Devils, which ties him to Old Trafford until 2022. However, making an immediate exit does not seem to be the World Cup winner's plan, despite the lack of playing time so far this season.

The report suggests that United know they have three transfer windows to sell Pogba, if they want to see a return on the £89 million it cost them to bring him back from Juventus in 2016.

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Pogba remains an "important" player for United despite suggestions from France coach Didier Deschamps that the midfielder is unhappy at Old Trafford. The 27-year-old has accepted he is going through a "difficult" period in his career but Solskjaer insists he remains central to his plans.

Pogba caused controversy during the break when he said his time away with France is a "breath of fresh air."

Pirlo wants Locatelli at Juve

Andrea Pirlo is crazy about Sassuolo's Manuel Locatelli and wants him at Juventus, reports Tuttosport.

Despite having previously shown interest in Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar, it would appear that the Bianconeri will pursue the Italy international instead.

Sassuolo reportedly are unwilling to let the 22-year-old leave during the January transfer window because of the impact his departure could have on the second half of the season. However, there could be a possibility for the transfer to be completed in the summer.

Sule dreams of Man United move

Bayern Munich centre-back Niklas Sule "dreams of playing for Manchester United one day," according to Bild.

The Red Devils have had their defensive troubles this term, and it now seems as though there could be a target waiting to be snapped up if they are willing to make an offer.

Considering David Alaba appears to have one foot out the door of the Allianz Arena, this news likely won't be well received by Bayern. Sule has made eight starts and one substitute appearance for the German champions so far this campaign, so the departure of both defenders could be calamitous.

Tap-ins

- Internazionale would prefer to sign Napoli's Arkadiusz Milik than Chelsea forward Olivier Giroud, reports Calciomercato. The Nerazzurri are said to have met with Milik's representatives and will attempt to bring him in once the winter transfer window opens. However, Napoli may force them to wait until the summer, when Inter would be able to sign him for free. That is because Gennaro Gattuso's club feels they can win the Scudetto and don't want to strengthen a direct rival.