LIVE Transfer Talk: Neymar's return to Barcelona could be on the rocks

The coronavirus pandemic made the summer transfer market unlike any before it, but there were still plenty of deals done and you can check out the major ones here. The window might be closed across the top leagues in Europe, but here are the best rumours from around the globe.

TOP STORY: Neymar moves further from Barca transfer

Ever since Neymar left Barcelona for Paris Saint-Germain, there have been rumours that he will go back.

Well, Foot Mercato's latest report seems to have put any return to Camp Nou in the next few years in serious doubt.

The Brazilian, whose contract comes to an end in 2022, has made his desire to re-sign with PSG clear, asking for a new five-year contract, which will see him stay on €36m per year.

With Kylian Mbappe less keen on a renewal, the Frenchman is seen as the priority by PSG, but Les Parisiens will also be looking to keep Neymar past his current deal.

- Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
- ESPN+ viewers guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more

LIVE BLOG

21.15 BST: That's all for today's edition of Transfer Talk Live. Please check back in a few hours for the latest news and rumors from the footballing world. Thanks and be safe.

20.30 BST: Frank Lampard has his sights set on his latest Bundesliga raid, this time for Borussia Monchengladbach defender Matthias Ginter, reports Kicker.

Chelsea have already signed Timo Werner and Kai Havertz from RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen, respectively, and are now poised to land the 26-year-old many are calling the next Sergio Ramos.

19.17 BST: Serbian club Partizan have said Manchester City are set to sign Serbia U21 international winger Filip Stevanovic in January, with Sky Italia reporting Pep Guardiola's men will pay €8m, plus add-ons to secure his servives.

18.24 BST: Robert Pires thinks Kylian Mbappe will join Real Madrid in 2021 -- but the Arsenal and France legend believes next summer would be too early for Ligue 1 sensation Eduardo Camavinga to move to the Bernabeu.

"I'm French, I like Paris Saint-Germain and I'd like him to stay in Ligue 1," Pires told Diario AS when asked about Mbappe. "But if he wants to grow in his career, he has to sign for Madrid."

Mbappe's PSG contract expires in 2022, and ESPN has reported that the forward is Madrid's top target for next summer.

"He's only 17," Pires added on Camavinga, who has also been heavily linked with a switch to La Liga. "My opinion is he should stay two more years at Rennes to keep growing and then go to a big club like Madrid or Barça or wherever he chooses. It's early for him."

17.01 BST: Real Madrid are unlikely to make any signings in January as the club adjust their budget to the post-coronavirus financial reality, according to Marca. The newspaper reports that only the departure of an unwanted player such as Luka Jovic or Mariano Diaz could see Madrid move in the transfer market.

The club expect all matches this season to take place without fans present, Marca claims, with the Bernabeu out of action due to redevelopment works and the team playing behind closed doors at the Alfredo di Stefano stadium. That will contribute to a €200m budget shortfall, which means this season's policy of relying on coach Zinedine Zidane's existing squad will continue until next summer.

15.49 BST: Midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia is close to joining Atletico Madrid, sources have told ESPN. The club have agreed a deal with Valencia which will see them pay €17 million plus variables for the midfielder, who will undergo a medical on Sunday.

Under La Liga rules, Atletico were granted an extra 30 days outside the transfer window to sign a replacement for Thomas Partey, as his release clause had been paid by Arsenal on deadline day.

14.28 BST: The Daily Mirror reckons that Everton could make a move for Real Madrid midfielder Isco in January. He is surplus to requirements at the Bernabeu, with Real eager to loan him out when the window reopens with an obligation to buy for around £18m in the summer.

Arsenal, Juventus and Sevilla FC have shown an interest in the past, but the paper reckons that former Real player James Rodriguez could swing it Everton's way, as the pair are good friends.

13.20 BST: Hakan Calhanoglu is out of contract at AC Milan at the end of the season, and the Serie A club are struggling to meet his wage demands, so a cut-price transfer could happen in January. Bild is reporting that Manchester United will make their move in January, or might wait until next summer when they can pick him up for nothing.

Calhanoglu cost Milan €23m when he signed from Bayer Leverkusen three years ago. He has scored 27 goals and provided 40 assists in 127 appearances since moving to Italy.

12.18 BST: Shock of all shocks, we have a DONE DEAL! Partizan Belgrade have announced they have sold Filip Stevanovic to Manchester City, and he will make the move to the Premier League club when the transfer window opens in January. Stevanovic is an 18-year-old winger and a Serbia under-21 international. A transfer fee of around £6m has been reported for a player who had been strongly linked to Manchester United.

The club tweeted: "FC Partizan is pleased to announce the transfer of Filip Stevanovic to @ManCity, in the winter transfer period of 2021. The transfer of Filip Stevanovic to one of the largest European clubs is a significant confirmation of the good and hard work of all club structures."

11.27 BST: Liverpool may need to look for a new central defender in January with Virgil van Dijk possibly out for the rest of the season through injury. And Calciomercato reckons that Jurgen Klopp might rekindle his interest in Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly. The Senegal international has been tracked by many top clubs for some time, and is contracted to 2023. However, the Reds may decide that £70m is way too much to spend to plug a hole for a few months.

10.46 BST: Former Juventus star Claudio Marchisio has again accused the club of over-paying for Federico Chiesa in the summer. The striker moved from Fiorentina to Juve on loan, costing €10m, with an obligation to buy for €40m plus add-ons.

"It's not right that someone who was fighting relegation should cost €50-60m," Marchisio told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "He is a real talent, but there is too much pressure on him created by the transfer market.

"He needs to find the right position on the field, but in my view, he will explode and become a star."

09.30 BST: Moise Kean has rediscovered his mojo on loan at Paris Saint-Germain from Everton, and Toffees boss Carlo Ancelotti insists the Italian striker will return to Goodison Park next season. Kean, who struggled in England last season after a £25m move from Juventus, has scored four goals in four games for PSG.

"We decided to allow him to go on loan, to play more, to have more opportunity to play more," Ancelotti said. "He is showing his quality and he will be back next season."

PAPER ROUND

Barcelona quartet set to be targeted

There have been more outs that ins at Barcelona recently, and the indication from Mundo Deportivo is that this is a trend that is set to continue.

The Spanish outlet has suggested that Pedri, Ansu Fati, Ousmane Dembele and Francisco Trincao are all going to be targeted in the January transfer window.

The report says that Leicester City will be looking to bring in Trincao, who only joined from Braga in the summer, while Juventus will try to lure Dembele to Italy, and the other two will have plenty of eyes on them.

So far, Barcelona have stated that they will be turning down any advances for their young talents, as they look to rebuild after Josep Maria Bartomeu's resignation.

Napoli to meet Milik's representatives

Arkadiusz Milik is a transfer saga that rumbled on for the entire summer window, and rumours around his Napoli exit will only get continue as the January window approaches.

Calciomercato has reported that the Serie A outfit's representatives will meet with those of the Poland international, as they look to sort out a move.

It is in the best interests of both the club and player for an early deal to be made, as Napoli won't receive a fee if he leaves when his contract runs out in the summer, while Milik is hoping for a place in Poland's squad for the Euros.

The report has claimed that Tottenham Hotspur and Atletico Madrid are the most likely destinations for the striker, after moves to Roma and Juventus previously fell through.

Tap-ins

-- Injuries to Romelu Lukaku have put Inter Milan in a sorry situation, as it seems they will be left to rely on Andrea Pinamonti. Calciomercato suggests that the Italian will get a chance to prove himself, but if he fails, the Nerazzurri may move for Parma's Gervinho in January.

-- Thiago Mendes has admitted that he considered leaving Lyon during the summer window, after a tough first campaign with the Ligue 1 side, reports L'Equipe.