LIVE Transfer Talk: Arsenal turn to Jack Grealish as Man United cool interest

play
Grealish growing up with Aston Villa 'matters' (1:19)

Steve Nicol can see how Jack Grealish stays at Aston Villa after being linked to bigger clubs all year. (1:19)

The coronavirus pandemic has made the transfer market uncertain -- and you can find out when the windows open here -- but here are the rumours floating around Europe's big leagues and beyond.

TOP STORY: Grealish to be a Gunner?

Arsenal have registered their interest in signing Aston Villa attacking midfielder Jack Grealish, according to Sky Sports.

Grealish, who helped hometown club Villa escape relegation from the Premier League on the final day of the season, has previously been linked with Manchester United.

However, sources have told ESPN's Rob Dawson this week that United are pushing ahead with their move for Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho, leading to a cooling in their interest in Grealish.

Villa value their club captain at £80m, whereas Sky reports that Arsenal are one of "a number of clubs" who are prepared to pay £50m-£60m.

Grealish, 24, scored eight goals and registered six assists in the Premier League this season, as well as scoring twice en route to Villa's 2-1 Carabao Cup final loss against Manchester City in March.

LIVE BLOG

22.36 BST: Championship outfit Millwall are close to finalising a loan arrangement for 18-year-old Tottenham Hotspur striker Troy Parrott, according to the Sun.

21.59 BST: With Napoli on the verge of completing a deal to take Victor Osimhen from Lille in an €80m deal, the Ligue 1 side are closing in on an arrangement that would see 20-year-old Canada forward Jonathan David join from Gent for a fee of €30m, Le10 Sport writes.

21.22 BST: Liga MX giants Club America have announced the signing of 22-year-old Paraguayan forward Sergio Diaz from Real Madrid on loan with an option to buy.

20.45 BST: Wilfried Zaha has told Crystal Palace he'd like to leave the club this close season and manager Roy Hodgson is open to offers for the 27-year-old winger, but the South London outfit's £70m valuation - of which 25% will go to Manchester United -- may well price the Ivory Coast international out of a move for the second consecutive summer, according to the Sun.

20.08 BST: Martin Braithwaite saved Barcelona's skin when they signed him in an emergency transfer on Feb. 20, with the Catalan club's strike force decimated. Less than six months later, Mundo Deportivo writes that the Blaugrana are already negotiating with Everton and West Ham United over a potential sale of the 29-year-old who scored one goal in 11 appearances after moving to Camp Nou from Leganes.

19.31 BST: Just two years into his seven-year contract at Chelsea, Kepa Arrizabalaga fears that he's played his last game for the club, the Sun reports, and is prepared to take a pay cut to his £150,000-a-week wages for the right opportunity to hasten his departure from West London.

18.54 BST: Negotiations between Manchester United and Dean Henderson have reached a "crucial stage," according to Sky Sports, with the Red Devils having been in talks for weeks with the representatives of the 23-year-old goalkeeper over a new contract that would make him one of the highest-paid keepers in Europe following two successful years on loan at Sheffield United and the decline of No. 1 David De Gea across the same period of time.

18.17 BST: If Arsenal fail to win Saturday's FA Cup final, it could mark Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's last game with the Gunners, the Mirror writes. A win at Wembley will be the only way for the North London outfit to qualify for next season's Europa League, and missing out on that competition would blow a hole in their finances and be a bitter disappointment for the 31-year-old striker, whose ambition is to play in Europe's premier club competitions.

17.40 BST: Internazionale are keen on recruiting another player from the Premier League, according to Corriere dello Sport, and could take advantage of the surplus of midfielder at Tottenham Hotspur should they sign Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg as they've long been rumoured to do. The report states that the Nerazzurri would then look to snap up one of Tanguy Ndombele or Moussa Sissoko.

17.03 BST: Despite the hierarchy of Internazionale explaining in recent days that they could never afford to entice Lionel Messi to the San Siro, Gazzetta dello Sport reports that the club's owners are investigating the possibility of signing the 33-year-old as a free agent next summer and paying him €65m a year over four years.

16.26 BST: Wilfried Zaha risks being priced out of a big move this summer as Crystal Palace want £70m for their star man, The Sun reports.

Zaha, 27, was the subject of a bid from Arsenal last year, with sources telling ESPN at the time that Palace did not accept the Gunners's bid of £40m. Despite the Ivory Coast forward being a year older, Palace have not dropped their valuation.

The Sun report also claims that Palace are due to pay up to 25% of any fee to Manchester United, where Zaha spent an unsuccessful spell earlier in his career.

15.49 BST: Tottenham remain confident they will complete a deal for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg despite Southampton growing frustrated at their refusal to meet the £25m asking price, sources have told ESPN's James Olley.

Everton have already had a bid accepted matching that valuation with add-ons but are aware the 24-year-old would prefer to join Spurs. The north London club therefore hold the advantage in negotiations and have so far refused to make an offer above £15m, according to one source close to the talks.

Saints have admitted defeat in their attempts to keep Hojbjerg and wanted the situation resolved by now but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy believes he can drive down the price given they are the player's preferred destination. That has led to a lack of progress in recent days but Tottenham believe they will eventually get their man with dialogue between the clubs ongoing.

14.59 BST: Brazil legend Rivaldo believes Barcelona midfielder Philippe Coutinho should return to the Premier League in order to regain his confidence.

Coutinho left Liverpool to join Barcelona in 2018 but has failed to make an impact at the Camp Nou or Bayern Munich during his loan spell.

"His best option could be returning to English football where he spent the best seasons of his career and in which his qualities seem to be best suited, as he proved at Liverpool when was one of the best players in the Premier League," he told Betfair.

"At Arsenal, Tottenham or Leicester, Coutinho could be a regular starter next season. It would be a good opportunity for the Brazillian to rediscover his best form and show that he continues to be an excellent player who belongs to the elite."

14.07 BST: Leicester City midfielder James Maddison is on the verge of signing a new contract with the club, according to Sky Sports.

The report claims that no paperwork has been signed but the 23-year-old is set to sign a new four-year deal at the King Power stadium.

Maddison has been linked with Manchester United in the past but it seems that he is ready to commit his long-term future with the Foxes despite the club missing out on a Champions League place on the final day of the campaign.

13.34 BST: Everton striker Richarlison has said he might be tempted to leave the club this summer if a good offer is put on the table.

Manager Carlo Ancelotti has been impressed with the Brazil international and although he is happy at Goodison Park, Richarlison hinted he would consider a transfer.

"It's all been talked about, he's already told me he's counting on me for another season, he asked me to hold on for a bit," he told Globo Esporte.

"He's bringing in new players, so we'll sit down and talk, but I think I can hold on for another season."

"Though it all depends, if a good offer were to come in, we sit down and talk, that's part of football. We're still talking about these details, working things out."

12.51 BST: Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil will see out his contract at the club, his agent has said.

Ozil, 31, failed to play a single minute during the Premier League restart after the suspension caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta appears unconvinced by the midfielder but Ozil's agent Erkut Sogut is quoted as saying he will remain at the Emirates.

"I do not think there will be a change in the case of Mesut Ozil until the summer of 2021," he told futblogiant via Evening Standard.

"He has a contract. There is no change. He will remain in Arsenal. 90% [he] will leave Arsenal in 2021. Mesut to Asia, America or Turkey? Yes, maybe."

12.22 BST: Manchester City are closing in on a deal for Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake, sources have told ESPN's Rob Dawson.

Bournemouth are looking to cash in on the Dutchman following their relegation from the Premier League and City are close to agreeing a deal worth around £41 million.

Manager Pep Guardiola was interested in signing Harry Maguire last summer as a replacement for Vincent Kompany but is now set to fill the void with Ake.

The 25-year-old has made 121 appearances for Bournemouth after moving from Chelsea, initially on loan, in 2016. He has won 13 caps for the Netherlands.

11.44 BST: Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has received an offer from Inter Miami, according to Mundo Deportivo. Could the Uruguayan really be bound for MLS?

play
1:33

Suarez to Inter Miami latest in 'musical chairs' rumours

Ale Moreno has a hard time seeing Luis Suarez make the move to MLS given the global health situation.

11.16 BST: This is not the sort of transfer news you read on these pages everyday -- Liverpool's throw-in coach Thomas Gronnemark has signed a contract extension with the Premier League champions.

Gronnemark, who started working with Jurgen Klopp's side in 2018, announced the news on his social media on Thursday.

Under Gronnemark, Liverpool's throw-in possession under pressure has gone from 45.4% in the 2017-18 season, to 68.4% with Klopp saying he had "changed our throw-in game completely."

10.42 BST: Sassuolo CEO Giovanni Carnevali has confirmed the Italian club have enquired about signing Barcelona midfielder Monchu Rodriguez.

Monchu, 20, has had a stand-out season for the club's B team, who just missed out on promotion to the Spanish second division last weekend. His performances have drawn interest from a number of Spanish sides, including Valencia, Real Betis and Real Sociedad, and Sassuolo have now added their name to the list of potential suitors.

"He's a young kid and we're talking with Barca," Carnevali said. "We have a good relationship with them and he's a promising player. So the interest is there, but we're still some way from closing any sort of deal."

Sources have told ESPN's Sam Marsden that Barca are willing to let Monchu leave this season, although they would want a buy-back option included in any transfer and would prefer a club where they feel he will get the necessary game time to develop.

10.07 BST: Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng has told CGTN Sports that he "wouldn't say no" to a move to the Premier League.

Boateng, 31, has a year left on his contract with the Bundesliga champions. He spent the 2010-11 season at Manchester City after making a £10.4m move from Hamburg, but injuries limited him to just 14 Premier League starts before he returned to Germany with Bayern.

"I wouldn't say no,' Boateng told CGTN Sports, as reported by the Daily Mail, when asked about a return to England. "I love watching the Premier League and I loved playing there. It helped me a lot to train with world-class players.

"I don't know what will happen next. You never know but it's not like I would say that I don't want to play there. It's definitely one of my favourite leagues.'"

09.27 BST: Alexis Sanchez will have to take a pay cut if he wants to sign for Inter Milan permanently, sources have told ESPN's Rob Dawson.

United agreed a short extension to Sanchez's loan at Inter to cover the end of the Serie A season after it was delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The agreement is due to end after the final round of fixtures on Saturday and sources have told ESPN that United will not sanction another short-term arrangement to cover the remaining Europa League games in Germany in August.

Inter have expressed an interest in signing Sanchez permanently but the Chile international will have to significantly reduce his demands with his contract worth close to £400,000-a-week at Old Trafford.

The 31-year-old still has two years left on his deal at United following his move from Arsenal in January 2018.

08.59 BST: Zlatan Ibrahimovic was this week one of the AC Milan players modelling the home kit for 2020-21 but, with his contract due to expire, will he be at San Siro next season to play in it?

play
1:34

Zlatan's contract is almost up, will he stay or go?

Gab Marcotti explains the "big call" AC Milan must make regarding Zlatan Ibrahimovic's future.

08.34 BST: Philippe Coutinho should leave Barcelona and seek to kickstart his career back in the Premier League, according to former Barca and Brazil great Rivaldo.

Coutinho, 28, left Liverpool for Barca in January 2018 but failed to settle at the Spanish club and spent last season on loan at Bayern Munich.

With several English clubs linked with interest in Coutinho, Rivaldo believes it is time for the attacking midfielder to return to the league where he enjoyed the best football of his career.

"Philippe Coutinho will soon return from his loan at Bayern to Barcelona, but I doubt he can revive his career there," the 1999 FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or winner told Betfair. "His best option could be returning to English football where he spent the best seasons of his career and in which his qualities seem to be best suited, as he proved at Liverpool when was one of the best players in the Premier League.

"At Arsenal, Tottenham or Leicester, Coutinho could be a regular starter next season. It would be a good opportunity for the Brazillian to rediscover his best form and show that he continues to be an excellent player who belongs to the elite."

08.00 BST: Manchester City are close to agreeing a fee with Valencia for winger Ferran Torres, sources have told ESPN's Rob Dawson.

City are set to pay €23m plus add-ons for the Spain Under-21 international. Negotiations are ongoing but City are hopeful of concluding a deal.

Torres, 20, was made a prime target for manager Pep Guardiola and director of football Txiki Begiristain following the sale of Leroy Sane to Bayern Munich.

Valencia have been resigned to losing Torres, who had just one year left on his contract. He has made 97 appearances for the La Liga side, scoring nine times. He has won six caps for Spain's U21s.

City have moved quickly for Torres, who has also attracted interest from a host of Europe's top clubs. Personal terms should not be a problem with Torres keen to link up with Guardiola at the Etihad Stadium.

PAPER TALK (by Liam Wheeler): Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle eye Cherries' Wilson

After being relegated,things could get even worse for Bournemouth with interest in striker Callum Wilson unsurprisingly beginning to intensify.

Tottenham Hotspur are keen to secure the signature of the striker, but Sky Sports reports that they face competition from at least two other Premier League sides.

Wilson has scored 67 goals in 180 appearances for the Cherries, who are likely to demand a fee in excess of £20m for the England international following the club's dramatic relegation from the top-flight on the final day of the season.

West Ham United and Newcastle United are also keen on signing the 28-year-old, who found the net on just nine occasions this season after having struck 16 times in the previous campaign, although both returns were enough to see him end the season as the club's top marksman.

Hammers boss David Moyes knows he will have to move players on before he is able to move for his top targets, which could hand the advantage to his rivals.

Liverpool keen on versatile Kelly for backline

Liverpool are set to revive their interest in AFC Bournemouth defender Lloyd Kelly this summer, the Express reports.

The Reds are said to have been keen on the England youngster last summer, but they lost out to the now-relegated Cherries in the race to sign the versatile defender, who moved to the South Coast from Bristol City in a deal worth £13m.

Kelly, 21, can operate both on the left and as a central defender -- two areas in which boss Jurgen Klopp is seeking further cover following Dejan Lovren's departure to Zenit St Petersburg this week.

There are concerns about the player's lack of game time following a season hampered by injury that restricted Kelly to just nine appearances, but Cherries boss Eddie Howe remains a big admirer.

When asked about the player's strongest position, Howe responded: "I think both positions for us at the moment. I wouldn't say one or the other -- he can play both very well.

"We have seen that, albeit in his very short time with us, when he's trained."

Leicester take hard stance with Chelsea on Chilwell

It's no secret by now that Chelsea want to bring Leicester City full-back Ben Chilwell to Stamford Bridge, but the player's price-tag could be a stumbling block.

Now, the Guardian reports that the Blues will attempt to out-fox the Foxes, with the Chelsea hierarchy hopeful that the player's current club will be forced to drop their asking price if the left-back makes it clear he wants to leave.

Leicester are renowned as tough negotiators while Chelsea have already splashed out £78.3m on Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech and are expected to go all out again to secure a deal for Kai Havertz.

Brendan Rodgers has previously said he won't stand in the way of players who see their future elsewhere, and with Havertz expected to cost roughly £70m, any money saved on Chilwell will be a big bonus for Chelsea, who may yet be forced to offload players of their own.

Should they fail to land Chilwell, Chelsea have identified Ajax Amsterdam's Nicolas Tagliafico and Atalanta's Robin Gosens as alternative targets, while Frank Lampard is also still keen on West Ham's Declan Rice.

But any deal for the Rice would cost in excess of £65m, with the Hammers reluctant to part with Rice and unwilling to negotiate a swap deal involving Ross Barkley and Michy Batshuayi.

Tap-ins

- The Daily Mail reports that West Ham want to sign Josh Maja, who previously worked with Moyes when they were both at Sunderland. Maja, 21, struck eight times in as many starts last season to end the campaign as Bordeaux joint-top scorer, but the French club may now be forced to sell as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

- Meanwhile, former England No. 1 Joe Hart could join Celtic, the Sun reports. The Scottish champions are said to be monitoring the 33-year-old who is a free agent after leaving Burnley. However, any switch may depend on what happens with the club's other targets, with the Hoops expected to sign AEK Athens keeper Vasilios Barkas in an initial £4.5m deal in the coming days.