The coronavirus pandemic has made the summer transfer window uncertain, but here are the rumours floating around Europe's big leagues and beyond.
TOP STORY: Inter consider Skriniar swap for City's Aguero
Slovakian defender Skriniar is no longer deemed an indispensable asset by Antonio Conte's side, and the 25-year-old's red card in Inter's last match against Sassuolo on Wednesday is believed to have incensed the Nerazzurri hierarchy, who are now rumoured to be sounding out interested buyers for the highly coveted centre-back.
Pep Guardiola is credited with a long-term interest in Skriniar and may be tempted to offload the 32-year-old Aguero to give more game time to the frustrated Gabriel Jesus.
22.07 BST: With his contract expiring on June 30 and having not shown up for Tigres' preseason ahead of Liga MX's Apertura tournament, Enner Valencia time in Mexico is up as the 30-year-old attacker prepared to return to Europe and join Galatasaray, according to Sport.
21.20 BST: With Roma's hopes of qualifying for next season's Champions League hanging by a thread, Corriere dello Sport reports that the club may have to consider offers for prized possessions Nicolo Zaniolo and Lorenzo Pellegrini, and that 22-year-old Cengiz Under is "destined" to leave the Italian capital, with Napoli interested in the Turkey international valued at €30m.
20.33 BST: If Paris Saint-Germain's interest in Chelsea's forgotten midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko doesn't materialise into a formal offer, the 25-year-old midfielder would prefer a return to AC Milan, where he spent the 2018-19 season on loan, according to Le10 Sport.
19.46 BST: Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik's contract expires in 12 months' time and reportedly has no intention of remaining at the San Paolo, and Mundo Deportivo cites Tuttosport as reporting that the 26-year-old Poland international has rejected the advances of Atletico Madrid and Tottenham, with his heart seemingly set on a reunion with former Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri at Juventus.
18.12 BST: Corriere dello Sport cites Bild as reporting that Bayern Munich allowed their purchase option on Ivan Perisic to pass, and that the 31-year-old winger's wages (said to be as much as €11m a season) are too high for the German champions, raising the possibility of the Croatia international returning to Inter at the end of the season.
17.25 BST: Monaco have joined AC Milan, Inter and Roma among clubs keen to sign pending free agent Mario Gotze with the 28-year-old playmaker's Borussia Dortmund contract set to expire, according to Bild.
16.38 BST: One assumed that Aston Villa's Jack Grealish would be joining Manchester United this summer, but rivals City are in the running, according to the Daily Telegraph.
The report states that if City get their asking price from Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane, they will move for Grealish.
The 24-year-old midfielder was described by Pep Guardiola as "one of the best players in the league" earlier this season and is highly-rated at the Etihad. Quite where he would play in City's star studded lineup remains to be seen, though.
16.05 BST: Barcelona midfielder Arthur has joined Juventus in a transfer worth €70m, the two clubs announced on Monday, with Miralem Pjanic set to move in the other direction.
Pjanic's move to Barca will be announced soon, sources have told ESPN, with the Bosnia and Herzegovina midfielder expected to cost the Catalan club around €60m.
15.50 BST: Serie A has exploded with transfer news...
- Atalanta have signed Simone Muratore from Juventus for around €7m.
- Veterans Gianluigi Buffon and Giorgio Chiellini have signed new one-year contracts with Juve.
15.41 BST: The future of Arsenal's Alexandre Lacazette and Mesut Ozil is up in the air.
15.10 BST: Ajax and U.S. men's national team defender Sergino Dest has said he wants to be the most expensive full-back in the world and play with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
Dest has been linked with a big-money move away from Ajax this summer with several top European clubs, including Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain, said to be interested in him.
"I want to be the most expensive full-back ever because when you reach that it shows that you are one of the best full-back of the world," Dest told NOS Jeugdjournaal. "I want to go over €50m. No defender went above €100m. I want to play with [Kylian] Mbappe, Ronaldo, Messi or Neymar. Time will tell if it will come true. But it is possible."
14.42 BST: Marseille defender Boubacar Kamara had been linked with Napoli to replace Kalidou Koulibaly this summer, but Liverpool might be set to cut out the middleman and go straight for Kamara.
Le10 Sport claims that the Reds are keen on €30m-rated Kamara and are ready to make a bid for the 20-year-old before other clubs become interested.
Everton and Chelsea are reported to be monitoring the situation, while Sky also reports that Liverpool aren't going to spend more than €60m on a 29-year-old so they are out of the race for Koulibaly.
13.58 BST: Nice to see former manager Mauricio Pochettino still has some Tottenham merch to wear. This is his son, Maurizio, signing a new deal at the club.
13.30 BST: Barcelona manager Quique Setien's relationship with his players is already showing signs of straining, with various sources having told ESPN's Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens they didn't click from day one.
Barca led La Liga in January when Setien replaced Ernesto Valverde, who was sacked after the Spanish Supercopa defeat to Atletico Madrid in Saudi Arabia. However, Saturday's 2-2 draw at Celta Vigo, coupled with Real Madrid's win at Espanyol on Sunday, saw them fall two points behind Zinedine Zidane's side at the top of the table with just six games to be played.
Setien signed a contract with Barca until 2022 -- with a get-out clause in 2021 if the newly elected president does not want him to continue -- but results and performances have quickly seen him lose credit with the players and the board of directors.
12.50 BST: Ajax manager Erik ten Hag says that Andre Onana, Donny van de Beek and Nicolas Tagliafico could leave the club this summer.
"The market value of players will be slightly depressed, but not much. Based on their performance and ambition, a number of our players also want to make the move abroad," he told Het Parool. "Agreements have been made with Andre Onana, Donny van de Beek and Nicolas Tagliafico, but it remains to be seen whether the market is indeed breaking loose.
"For Onana and Van de Beek, another year of Ajax could certainly be an option, for Tagliafico it is slightly different because of his age. In the preparation I am going to try Lisandro Martínez in that position. He has also played in midfield with us, but he is a defender."
12.08 BST: Dutch legend Arjen Robben came out of retirement to join boyhood club FC Groningen at the weekend.
11.24 BST: Hearts have signed Craig Gordon on a two-year contract, after the Scotland goalkeeper rejected a new deal with Celtic.
The 37-year-old began his career at Hearts when he joined their academy in 1999.
11.21 BST: Boca Juniors have rejected Carlos Tevez's counter-offer over a new contract, according to local reports.
Tevez, 36, has a deal which expires on Tuesday and recently turned down Boca's proposal: a one-year contract extension, with an option to extend the deal for a further six months.
Tevez is willing to sign a six-month contract and donate all of his wages to charity. However, the club want him to sign a minimum one-year contract.
The former Manchester United and Manchester City forward is in his third spell at Boca. Tevez scored nine goals, including one that gave Boca the league title against Gimnasia y Esgrima in March, in 17 league appearances to help his team win the league title.
11.03 BST: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he is expecting midfielder Angel Gomes to leave Manchester United. The United boss had been hopeful Gomes would sign a new contract but with no update on the situation and the 19-year-old's deal due to expire on Tuesday, he now looks set to leave Old Trafford.
"I've got no news, nothing, so it doesn't look like [he will stay]," Solskjaer told a news conference via Zoom on Monday. "I've not heard from them last night or this morning. It seems like they haven't managed to agree so the answer is probably short and yes [he will leave]."
10.38 BST: Achraf Hakimi is on the verge of joining Inter Milan from Real Madrid, multiple sources have confirmed to ESPN's Alex Kirkland and Rodrigo Faez, after emerging as one of the most exciting young talents in European football during a two-year loan at Borussia Dortmund.
The transfer, which both clubs expect to announce shortly, is worth around €40m plus add-ons and will see the full-back sign a five-year contract.
Hakimi, 21, had two years left on his deal at the Bernabeu. Sources close to the player told ESPN he was unwilling to return to Madrid this summer to be a squad player at this stage of his career and has been promised a starting spot at San Siro.
09.40 BST: Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Kai Havertz has attracted attention from all the top clubs in Europe. But where will he end up?
Laurens: Hakimi could flourish under Conte at Inter Milan
Julien Laurens and Gab Marcotti discuss Achraf Hakimi's proposed transfer from Real Madrid to Inter Milan.
09.15 BST: AC Milan are leading the race to sign Real Madrid midfielder Takefusa Kubo on a season-long loan, according to reports.
Kubo has scored three goals and set up three more in 29 league appearances while on loan at Real Mallorca this season. But with Eder Militao, Rodrygo and Vinicius Jr. occupying the three-non European spots at Madrid, Japan international Kubo will spend next season away from the Santiago Bernabeu stadium.
Cadena SER reports that numerous clubs have shown an interest in acquiring the 19-year-old for the 2020-21 campaign. However, Madrid will only accept an offer that pays for Kubo's €2m wages. Moreover, Los Blancos are keen for the forward join a club that will play in Europe next season.
Milan are reportedly in pole position to land Kubo should they qualify for European football next season, with the Rossoneri seventh in Serie A.
08.35 BST: Benfica have chosen Mauricio Pochettino to become their coach for next season, according to reports.
The Argentinian has been out of a job since being sacked by Tottenham in November of 2019 and is a target of several European clubs.
Record reports that Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira has held talks with Pochettino to offer him the job.
Benfica coach Bruno Lage is expected to leave the role at the end of the season and Benfica are willing to make a financial sacrifice to sign Pochettino.
Pochettino, 48, admitted earlier this month he had not made a decision regarding his future but did not close any doors.
"My future? It's the million dollar question and I ask myself it each day," Pochettino said. "I think the most important thing is to be ready and open for when football decides where it's going to take me."
08.00 BST: Inter Milan CEO Giuseppe Marotta says his club has yet to agree with Manchester United and Chelsea to extend the loan deals of Alexis Sanchez and Victor Moses for the remainder of the campaign.
Nigerian winger Moses joined Inter in January, while Sanchez arrived last summer from United and their current loan spells end on June 30.
"With two days before the original date of the end of the campaign, we still have to deal with their teams to extend their loans," Marotta told Sky Italia. "This is a regulation anomaly that needs to be addressed, there are many particular cases: with opposite roles, we are also dealing with Bayern for [Ivan] Perisic. We hope that these situations will not have an impact on the results of the teams."
Marotta, meanwhile, has confirmed that his club are in advanced talks with Real Madrid to sign Achraf Hakimi this summer. The Nerazzurri are expected to sign the Morocco international on a €40m transfer, plus €5m in add-ons.
"The operation is at an advanced stage," Marotta told Sky Italia when asked about Achraf's potential transfer. "Inter has to look ahead to the future and raise the bar even in an economically difficult period, which affects everyone in the world of football. The aim of the club is to continue to make important investments, paying attention to the opportunity the market offers.
"Our sporting director [Piero] Ausilio has done a great job in the past two months. It still has to be completed but are optimistic. Monday could be a very important day."
According to El Mundo, Madrid will include a buy-back clause in the deal.
Achraf's two-season loan with Borussia Dortmund expires at the end of the campaign. The 21-year-old right-back, who is tied to Los Blancos until June 2022, is also a reported target of Bayern Munich and Manchester City.
However, Real Madrid prefer to sell Achraf to Inter than to a direct Champions League competitor. He will reportedly sign a five-year contract with Inter and earn €5m per season.
Marcotti: Barcelona don't need a player like Miralem Pjanic
Gab Marcotti explains the rumoured swap deal involving Barcelona's Arthur and Juventus' Miralem Pjanic.
PAPER TALK (by James Capps)
Dortmund leave Sancho deal door ajar for Man Utd
Borussia Dortmund have given Manchester United a boost in their pursuit of top target Jadon Sancho, with the German club's chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke saying the Bundesliga runners-up would be willing to discuss a deal to sell the England international.
The 20-year-old has lit up the German top flight since joining Dortmund from Manchester City in 2017, and his 17 goals this season have helped take his market value towards the £100m mark.
That fee isn't believed to have put off United, however, who are one of a small number of clubs not to have felt a significant financial pinch as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
But while Watzke appeared open to letting Sancho leave if the player requested to do so, he did also add that it was "unlikely" that any interested club would be able to offer the sizeable fee they are looking for.
Euro elite chase Sankoh signature
The 16-year-old has earned rave reviews for his performances in the youth set up at the Bet365 Stadium, and his goal scoring exploits have put Chelsea on high alert, but Frank Lampard's side also face stiff competition from Spanish duo Barcelona and Atletico Madrid, along with Serie A giants Juventus.
The Italian publication claims another -- and so far unknown -- Serie A side are also in the running for the Dutch youth international, who has notched 19 goals and 10 assists in 34 games for Stoke's youth side this season.
- Young Lyon striker Amine Gouiri is set to seal a move to fellow Ligue 1 side Nice in the coming days, according to L'Equipe. The 20-year-old will sign on the dotted line for a fee of around €6m, subject to the completion of a medical mid next week.
- Inter Milan are keen to tie up a deal to bring Brescia midfield starlet Sandro Tonali to the San Siro in the close season, but the two clubs are poles apart in their respective valuations of the 20-year-old. According to La Gazzetta, Brescia owner Massimo Cellino wants around €50m for the Italy international, while Inter are only believed to be willing to part with around €35m.
- Celtic are keen to resign Southampton duo Fraser Forster and Mohamed Elyounoussi on loan for a second season, and the Saints are hoping to leverage the Hoops' interest in the duo to help them sign midfielder Olivier Ntcham from the Scottish Premiership champions, according to he Daily Mail.