The transfer windows in Europe's top leagues are closed, but it's never too early to look forward to January. Click here to view the latest transfers, and keep up to date with the newest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Manchester United still hopeful over Eriksen
The popular Denmark international, who hasn't featured as a starter since Jose Mourinho entered the picture for Spurs, is seemingly going to be leaving North London within the next two transfer windows as his contract is set to expire next summer.
Despite Eriksen reportedly rejecting United just a few months ago, the departure of Mauricio Pochettino and their poor form this season has given the Red Devils renewed hope that they can get something done.
United will need to put the work in during the January window, although Eriksen has apparently indicated that he'd prefer to play in a different culture in the next stage of his career.
22.51 GMT: German midfielder Max Meyer is contemplating leaving Crystal Palace in the winter transfer period, according to Bild. Benched by Roy Hodgson after the first two matchdays, the 24-year-old feels he has no real chance to return to the setup.
21.44 GMT: The New York Red Bulls have announced that 23-year-old full-back Michael Murillo has been sold to Belgian giants Anderlecht after three seasons in Major League Soccer.
20.37 GMT: Crystal Palace have made contact with AC Milan to discuss the purchase of forward Fabio Borini but face competition from two unnamed Premier League rivals, according to the Evening Standard.
19.30 GMT: Chelsea's insistence on a £5m fee for striker Olivier Giroud has put clubs off the 33-year-old World Cup winner, writes , with interested parties preferring to wait until the summer, when they can sign the France international on a free transfer.
18.23 GMT: Manchester United's interest in FC Salzburg striker Erling Haaland has been well documented, but Tuttosport cites Bild as reporting that Borussia Dortmund are the favourites for the 19-year-old's signature, while adding that Juventus are also in the hunt for the Norwegian.
17.16 GMT: The Athletic reports that Chelsea have held no conversations with Borussia Dortmund over the potential sale of Jadon Sancho, but that the winger's childhood fandom of the club and longstanding friendships with Tammy Abraham and Callum Hudson-Odoi "are tantalizing."
16.09 GMT: Ousmane Dembele knows he won't be at Barcelona next season, according to Spanish publication El Desmarque, which adds that the 22-year-old's representatives have met with executives from Chelsea, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain about a summer move -- without the Catalan club's permission, apparently.
15.02 GMT: PSG have a talented pair of 17-year-olds in attacking midfielder Adil Aouchiche and defender Tanguy Kouassi, with the latter reportedly attracting interest from Manchester City, Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig of late.
Asked about the pair's involvement with the senior squad soon, coach Thomas Tuchel expressed his satisfaction with both ahead of Saturday's Ligue 1 trip to Montpellier.
"I am very satisfied with Adil and Tanguy," Tuchel said. "They are gaining in confidence and showing their qualities."
With domestic cup fixtures approaching and a busy schedule made busier by a rearranged Ligue 1 trip to Monaco, Aouchiche and Kouassi could be involved in the coming weeks as PSG try to convince the youngsters that their professional futures lie at Parc des Princes.
14.32 GMT: Leicester City have extended manager Brendan Rodgers' contract until June 2025 after he had been linked with the vacant coaching role at Arsenal.
Rodgers, who left Celtic to take charge at Leicester in February, has overseen a change in fortunes at the club who now sit second in the league with the best defensive record, having conceded only nine goals.
The former Liverpool boss was linked with the Arsenal job after they sacked Unai Emery last month and created a stir when he said there was a "release clause" in his contract.
He has since reiterated his desire to continue working at Leicester.
"When I made the decision to come to Leicester City, it was because I was excited about the direction the club was taking and how I could apply my experience to the journey," he said in a statement. "I came here with a purpose to add something to that and to help the club build for the future."
13.49 GMT: Atletico Madrid are keen on signing Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani in January to bolster their attacking options, sources have told ESPN.
Cavani, ranked the sixth best striker in the world in ESPN's FC 100, is out of contract in June after seven years in Paris and sources have told ESPN that he won't be offered a new deal by the Parisians. The 32-year-old has lost his place in the team due to a series of injuries in the last eight months and the success of Mauro Icardi in his position.
Cavani's agent and half-brother Walter Guglielmone is exploring different options and has held talks with Atletico. Coach Diego Simeone would have to sell Diego Costa in January to try to attract Cavani, who earns around €18 million a year. Costa has interest from Brazil and China but a move in January could prove difficult. He would also have to lower his wages to join Atleti.
More importantly, sources have also indicated to ESPN that PSG don't want to let Cavani leave in January. They would be left with only Icardi as a proper No. 9 in their squad and it makes no sense for them to see him go. Atleti also believe RB Leipzig's Timo Werner is a good alternative.
13.03 GMT: Zinedine Zidane has refused to rule out adding to his Real Madrid squad in the January transfer window.
"Anything can happen in football" Zidane said in a news conference on Friday ahead of Madrid's La Liga game with Espanyol. "The only thing is that now is not the time. When the time comes, we'll see. Right now I'm really happy with my players."
Real Madrid have suffered a string of injuries in recent days, with Eden Hazard, Gareth Bale and Marcelo all unavailable this weekend and doubts for the Clasico at Camp Nou on Dec. 18.
12.25 GMT: Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez has insisted that he has no intention of leaving the club.
The 22-year-old has scored 13 goals in all competitions this season, and has been linked with a move away from the San Siro in the summer.
"Inter is my home," he told Sky Italia. "I've spent the majority of my time here and I care so much [about the club]. People have shown me affection from the first day and this is so important for a player so I want to work and show that I have what it takes to wear this shirt."
has been one of the revelations of the season, scoring 13 goals in all competitions
After picking up his sixth Ballon d'Or award, Messi gave football fans all over the world a scare after saying he is approaching the end of his playing career.
"I think [Messi's comments] were misunderstood," Suarez told beIN Sports. "First because you have to understand that Leo had just received a new Ballon d'Or [award] at that time, and he was happy and nervous because he is a human being like us. Messi will be around for a long time."
11.10 GMT: Chelsea will be able to sign players in January after the Court of Arbitation for Sport (CAS) reduced the club's transfer ban.
Chelsea were handed a two-window transfer ban and fined £460,000 ($599,000) in December 2018 after FIFA found them guilty of breaching rules relating to the transfers of 29 players under the age of 18.
However, the CAS ruling to reduce the sanction means that the Blues can once again become a major power in the transfer market.
10.40 GMT: Argentina veteran forward Carlos Tevez says he would like to remain at Boca Juniors next year.
Tevez, 35, has yet to sign a contract extension with his current deal expiring at the end of this month.
The forward returned to Boca in January 2018 for a third spell at the club after an unsuccessful time with Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua. Boca have presidential elections on Sunday.
"There is nothing else that motivates me more," Tevez told ESPN Argentina. "If Real Madrid came for me, I would stay at Boca. "It could be my last year as a player for Boca and I'm putting all my energy into that. Although these days, there are more sad moments than joyful ones. I want to continue to try. Once I know I can't give anymore, I will step aside.
"I love this jersey and I don't see myself anywhere else. "If [Boca sporting director Nicolas] Burdisso calls me and says they want me then I want to stay. I want to continue playing and retire with this jersey."
09.55 GMT: Netherlands boss Ronald Koeman has brushed aside reports linking him with the Barcelona managerial position.
Barca sporting director Eric Abidal recently said that Koeman fits the criteria to coach Barcelona one day.
Speaking at a tribute to Johan Cruyff in Barcelona, Koeman said: "I have two years left on my contract with the national team and I don't like to talk about Barca.
"It's uncomfortable for many reasons. I have a job and it's not fair to talk about this. If it happens, it happens and if it doesn't, it doesn't. There are more important things in life. Although anything can happen."
The England international has been linked with a move away from the Bundesliga side after reportedly falling out with head coach Lucien Favre this season.
Manchester United and Liverpool are reportedly tracking the player's situation, but the newspaper claims Dortmund will only consider selling him in the summer for more than £100 million.
The report claims that Chelsea have held talks with the player's representative Federico Pastorello about a possible deal.
The Ivory Coast international's contract at Palace runs until 2023 and the club reportedly value him at £70 million.
Arsenal also attempted to sign Zaha last summer but opted to acquire Nicolas Pepe for a club record fee.
08.25 GMT: Gareth Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett has claimed that the forward is "not ecstatic" at Real Madrid.
Bale admitted he was shocked after being whistled by Madrid supporters, and Barnett refused to rule a move away from the club in January.
"We'll have to wait and see," he told the BBC. "Nothing has changed. He's a Real Madrid player, he's got a contract with Real Madrid. As long as Real Madrid want him, there's not much one can do about it."
"Well, he's not ecstatic. He's got a contract and as long as he's a Real Madrid player he'll play 100% and do very well."
"We keep our things pretty private. If the right opportunity came along for him and it's something he wants to do, we'll have to have a chat with Real Madrid and with the president and see where we are."
08.00 GMT: Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed to ESPN his intention to wait until the summer before returning to management, amid links with the vacancy at Arsenal.
The 52-year-old, who remains under contract at Juventus until the end of the season, has been linked with many top jobs that have become available since his five-year spell in Turin drew to a close in the summer.
Asked if he's hungry to get back into the game, Allegri, speaking in an exclusive interview with ESPN, ruled out taking a job in-season, saying: "In June. I don't know if you can call it a sabbatical or not. Giovanni [Branchini] and I immediately came to that decision. As soon as the relationship with Juventus came to an end the decision was to take a year out."
Meanwhile, sources have told ESPN that Patrick Vieira is not at the top of the Arsenal wish list for their managerial role but remains in contention.
Former Gunners captain Vieira, who manages at French club Nice, is one of the candidates and his profile is being considered by the club's hierarchy. However, reports stating that he was the favourite to get the job are off the mark at the moment.
Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers is another name prominently linked with taking over at the Emirates. The Daily Telegraph reports that the Foxes have opened talks with the former Liverpool and Celtic boss over a new contract at the King Power Stadium, just 10 months after he was appointed.
PAPER TALK (by Harry Kettle): Barcelona hesitant over Reinier
Spanish giants Barcelona are still hesitant over a possible move for Flamengo teenager Reinier despite being interested in the youngster, Mundo Deportivo reports.
At the age of just 17, he's certainly still a work in progress and an unproven talent in the top European leagues, with the latter point a concern for Barcelona.
Despite his release clause going from €70 million down to €35 million, there is still some concern at the Nou Camp that he doesn't warrant that kind of fee as the January transfer window looms large.
However, if the versatile attacking midfielder joins Real Madrid's Vinicius Junior and Milan's Lucas Paqueta off the Flamengo talent assembly line, it could be money well spent for the La Liga leaders.
Callejon could leave Napoli
The veteran forward's contract is set to expire in June, and he isn't pleased with the fact that he's had a reduced role at the club as of late. The belief is he could be entertaining a reunion with former manager Rafa Benitez, who is coaching in China with Dalian Yifang.
Callejon has been in Naples since arriving from Real Madrid back in 2013, but he doesn't seem to be afraid of the idea of testing the waters elsewhere.
- Inter Milan striker Matteo Politano has no intention of leaving the club during the January transfer window, Tuttosport reports. Politano has been forced to endure a heavily reduced role within the squad under Antonio Conte, but that hasn't deterred him from wanting to break back into the first team.
- Arsenal midfielder Lucas Torreira is ready and willing to fight for his place in the first team amid rumours over his future, as confirmed by the man himself during an interview with Arsenal.com. The Uruguay midfielder has recognised that it's been a tough transition for him in English football, but even with that being the case, he wants to stay at the Emirates until at least the end of the season.
- Calciomercato is reporting that Torino have set an asking price for the sale of forward Simone Zaza. The expectation is that the Italian will be leaving the club during the January transfer window after failing to lock down a consistent place in the starting XI, with Torino being prepared to allow him to leave for a fee of around €15 million.