The transfer windows in Europe's top leagues are closed, but it's never too early to look forward to January. Click here to view the latest transfers, and keep up to date with the gossip below.
TOP STORY: Spurs in line to snap up Isco
Spanish outlet El Desmarque has reported that Isco, capped 50 times by Spain, is open to leaving Madrid in January -- and Tottenham are leading candidates to snap up the talented attacking midfielder.
But the deal is unlikely to be completed unless Eriksen, who has just eight months remaining on his Spurs contract when he becomes a free agent, opts to move to Madrid.
It is also reported that Bayern Munich are closely monitoring Isco, who has struggled to hold down a first-team spot at Real.
22.39 BST: We'll close Thursday's live edition of Transfer Talk with an update from Italy. Goal reports that Juventus are keen to tie down goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny to a new contract amid interest from Manchester United last summer, when the Red Devils were under threat of potentially losing David De Gea.
20.46 BST: Newly minted Major League Soccer Defender of the Year Ike Opara has signed a new multi-year deal with Minnesota United, according to The Athletic.
18.53 BST: Calciomercato reports that Juventus have already agreed terms with Blaise Matuidi over a new contract, with the Frenchman's existing deal expiring at season's end, while Juan Cuadrado is in a similar position, with negotiations ongoing but the Bianconeri fully intending to strike a deal to keep the Colombia international in Turin.
17.00 BST: Bayern Munich coach Niko Kovac said he made a mistake in revealing earlier this month that forward Thomas Muller would only get an opportunity "when we're short of options."
Muller, 30, is unhappy about his new status at the club and has been linked with a move away in January. But Kovac has apologised for the comments.
"I cannot say who will play at the weekend -- as for the statement, it was a mistake of mine," the manager told a news conference ahead of Saturday's trip to Augsburg.
"I incorrectly articulated my thoughts, but I disproved my own statement with the fact Thomas has been coming [into matches] recently. I spoke with Thomas the next day, everything was cleared up and he understood it the way I meant it, so I made a mistake -- it happens to me too, that's life."
15.52 BST: PSG coach Thomas Tuchel spoke about striker Edinson Cavani's future in a news conference earlier.
Cavani, 32, is a free agent at the end of the season and has been linked to Manchester United and FC Inter Miami among others.
"It is too early to talk about his future," Tuchel said. "Today, we rely on him on the pitch. We want him at his best out there -- he is very important to us! Edinson is one of the five players [referencing his five "captains"] I speak with most regularly in the dressing room."
15.20 BST: Full-back Brandon Williams, 19, has signed a new contract at Manchester United until 2022, with an option for an extra year.
15.13 BST: Manchester City aren't in need of many attacking players, but they are being linked again with Real Sociedad forward Mikel Oyarzabal.
Oyarzabal, 22, has shown himself to be a bright prospect in La Liga this season and Calciomercato reports that City are eyeing up a €60m move.
However, the Spain international told Cadena Cope last week: "I see myself playing for La Real for many years, I only think of La Real...I feel comfortable, loved and wanted."
14.22 BST: Tottenham Hotspur head coach Mauricio Pochettino has come under pressure following a poor start to the Premier League season that has seen just three wins, including losses to Brighton, Leicester and Newcastle.
But when asked whether he feels he needs to add to his squad in January, Pochettino said in a news conference on Thursday: "I don't believe [we do]. I believe in the players we have that are in Tottenham today.
"I respect the opinion of people who say we need to change. But if it is my decision, I am going to stick with the players because they have quality to fight for the things we expect to fight."
13.34 BST: Manchester United are keen on Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Denis Zakaria, Bild reports.
Zakaria, 22, has impressed for Gladbach this season and has caught the eye of Bayern Munich, Inter Milan and Tottenham. However, United have reportedly "registered their interest" with the German club and are ready to pay €50m for the Switzerland international.
The move may also see Fred, who has not settled at Old Trafford since his £52m move last summer, depart.
12.43 BST: He was being linked to Barcelona and other top European clubs, but full-back Raphael Guerreiro has signed a new contract at Borussia Dortmund until 2023.
Last month, Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc said that the contract was all but signed, so it's no major surprise, but it did take a while after that statement.
PSG are frontrunners for goalkeeper Donnarumma, despite their signing of Keylor Navas over the summer, while Lyon, Marseille, Rome and Fiorentina are buzzing around forward Suso.
11.38 BST: Mesut Ozil hasn't been playing for Arsenal recently, leading to plenty of speculation that he might head to Turkey or Italy on loan in January.
Mesut Ozil intends to stay at Arsenal 'at least' until 2021 🔴 pic.twitter.com/qVnlOKoYpu— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) October 17, 2019
11.03 BST: Please let this happen...
10.18 BST: Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has given an interview to Sky Sports and talks about his own future and the club's transfer plans.
Asked why there was only a net spend of around £40m, he said: "The money is there. We've been looking at players and we were close to a couple but it's not right if you don't get the right players. The money is there to strengthen in January and in the summer. We're planning and we're looking. We're refining our targets, but just before the summer transfer window ended, the ready-made players weren't there. But the resources are there if the right players are available."
On his own future, with the club 12th in the Premier League, he said: "All the talks I've had with the owners, with Ed Woodward and the club have been about me having a three-year contract. We're planning long-term. I've been given the job and if you lose a game or two, you don't wait for a call to be given assurances. But we started out with a plan and a recruitment plan is in place. I'm 100 percent sure from my time here that the structure is right because it is always the manager who has the final say."
09.32 BST: Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny isn't enjoying his time on loan at Turkish side Besiktas, so could be set for a different club in January.
Elneny, 27, has been linked to AC Milan but the Leicester Mercury reports that Leicester, West Ham and Valencia are all monitoring him too.
09.03 BST: Manchester City midfielder-turned-defender Fernandinho has been speaking to ESPN and the 34-year-old revealed he's talking about a new contract.
"I suffered from lots and lots of injuries last season. It was frustrating. But I'm feeling good this season," he said. "I've been training separately with the club physiotherapists. My contract is until the 31st of July. We're talking about signing a new one but there's nothing decided yet."
08.00 BST: Kicker reports that RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano has no plans to renew his contract, which expires in 2021 and has a release clause that means he could become available for €60m in the summer. The 20-year-old had been linked with Arsenal this year but at that price there may be a few more suitors.
The Gunners had a €60m bid turned down last summer when his clause was at €80m, so expect them to return.
PAPER TALK (by Shaun Reynolds)
Home comforts first for Rakitic
Manchester United's chase to sign Ivan Rakitic has been called off after the midfielder's family said they are not keen on moving to England.
The Daily Mail has reported that Rakitic, 31, is hopeful of remaining at Camp Nou despite being restricted to the bench for large parts of this season.
It is understood that if Rakitic is to leave Barcelona, then the Croatian's family would prefer to relocate to a warmer climate. Paris and Milan have been highlighted as two possible locations.
United first enquired about Rakitic in December, though progress regarding a potential move faded by March.
Coutinho in line for Premier return
The Spanish outlet has reported that Bayern Munich's failure to stump up the £105m required to make his loan move permanent could open the door for Premier League clubs to snap up the 27-year-old.
Coutinho's season-long deal with Bayern is worth £7.6m, and he has scored twice in four league appearances.
-- Following reports that striker Mario Mandzukic and midfielder Emre Can are poised to leave Juventus to join Manchester United, the Express adds that Massimiliano Allegri's interest in the Old Trafford first team manager role is key to the deal.
Mandzukic, 33, has played under Allegri for four years at Juventus while Germany international Can joined the Serie A champions last year. Allegri left Juventus in the summer following a five-year stint with the Italian giants. But a move to Manchester is possible amid United's Premier League slump, which has seen nine points recorded after eight games under boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
-- Juventus central midfielder Adrien Rabiot is going nowhere this January, following reports linking him with a move to Tottenham. Calciomercato has reported that Rabiot, who joined Juventus from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer, is understood to have been granted time by Juve boss Maurizio Sarri with regard to his adaptation of Italian football.
-- Chelsea are front-runners to land a major transfer coup in the shape of Australia captain Sam Kerr. The NWSL golden boot winner looks set to knock back a return to Perth Glory in favour of testing her talents in England's Women's Super League.