Pakistan quick Dilbar Hussain is returning to the Melbourne Stars for BBL 10 after his debut late last season.
Hussain has been re-signed as the Stars' third overseas player and is available for the entire tournament after Haris Rauf was ruled out due to international duty. He is currently completing the mandatory 14-day quarantine in Western Australia and will be available for the Stars' first match on December 11 in Canberra.
Hussain was a surprise inclusion in the Stars line-up late last season for a match against the Brisbane Heat. It was his first T20 at a professional level and he got a baptism of fire at the MCG finishing with figures of 1 for 56 from his four overs, with AB de Villiers taking hold of him although he did eventually claim de Villiers in the final over.
But the 27-year-old continued his development in the PSL and was outstanding in the playoffs for Lahore Qalandars in November, taking seven wickets in three matches including 2 for 28 in the final.
That continued development was enough for coach David Hussey to re-sign him.
"I'm looking forward to working with Dilbar again this season and supporting his development together with our wider bowling group," Hussey said. "His Stars debut was a whirlwind last year - it was his first senior T20 match and he effectively came down to Melbourne at very short notice and ended up bowling to AB de Villiers at the MCG.
"He's a genuine 140km/hr bowler with a good yorker and an incredible slower ball. With another year of experience and his time in the PSL, we're keen to see what Dilbar brings to the table for us this year. The fact that not many players have faced him before can be a real advantage for us."
"I'm very happy to be coming back to the Melbourne Stars for the Big Bash," Hussain said. "In the short time I was with the club last season I learnt so much. I'd like to thank David Hussey who was incredibly supportive and encouraged me to keep working on my craft."