Brown, 24, was a free agent after not being tendered as a restricted free agent. He caught a career-low 14 passes last season as his production significantly decreased since a strong rookie season in 2013. Brown hasn't caught a touchdown pass in his last 24 games after tying a franchise rookie record with seven touchdown catches.
Carter, 26, joined the Ravens in late December and played two games for Baltimore, recording six tackles. A fifth-round pick by Pittsburgh in 2011, Carter has played for the Steelers (2011-13), Colts (2014) and Bengals (2014-15).
The Ravens now have only six of their own free agents still available:
4. Shareece Wright, cornerback: Re-signed with the Ravens for three years, $16 million ($5 guaranteed).
*5. Chris Canty, defensive end: He doesn't plan to retire even though his impact has steadily declined. Canty will see if there is a team that is looking for a veteran run-stopper.
6. Morgan Cox, long-snapper: Re-signed with the Ravens for five years, $5.6 million ($700,000 guaranteed).
7. Brynden Trawick, safety: The Ravens' leading special teams tackler signed a one-year deal with the Oakland Raiders after not being tendered as a restricted free agent.
9. Marlon Brown, wide receiver: Re-signed with the Ravens after not being tendered as a restricted free agent.
*10. Jimmy Clausen, quarterback: His two starts were average, but they were more impressive than Matt Schaub's performance. The Ravens would call on Clausen again only if there's a setback in Joe Flacco's recovery or there's an issue with Ryan Mallett.
11. Matt Schaub, quarterback: Signed a one-year, $2.75 million ($500,000 guaranteed) deal with the Atlanta Falcons.
12. Chris Carter, linebacker: Re-signed with the Ravens.
*13. Allen Reisner, tight end: He broke his ankle in last year's preseason opener after spending time on the Ravens' practice squad in 2014.
* -- Unsigned