Edwards hits deep 3 for Purdue
Carsen Edwards hits a deep 3-pointer as Purdue goes up 18-5 on Appalachian State early in the first half.
Vanderbilt's Matthew Moyer gets NCAA approval to play immediately
Vanderbilt forward and Syracuse transfer Matthew Moyer has received an NCAA waiver enabling him to play for the Commodores right away rather than sitting out a season.
Pusica, Northeastern top Alabama 68-52
Vasa Pusica had 20 points and Northeastern beat a Southeastern Conference opponent for the first time in six tries with a 68-52 win over Alabama at the Charleston Classic on Thursday.
UCF's defense holds off Cal State Fullerton
B.J. Taylor scored 14 points, Tacko Fall had 12 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks and Central Florida beat Cal State Fullerton 68-52 on Thursday in the first round of the Myrtle Beach Invitational.
Saint Joseph's his 16 3s in win over Wake Forest
Charlie Brown Jr. made four 3-pointers and scored a career-high 26 points, Taylor Funk added six 3s and 20 points and Saint Joseph's beat Wake Forest 89-69 on Thursday in the opening game of the Myrtle Beach Invitational.
No. 16 Virginia Tech tops Ball State 73-64
Nickeil Alexander-Walker scored 21 points as No. 16 Virginia Tech opened the Charleston Classic with a 73-64 victory over Ball State.
Most Quality Wins
Non-Conf SOS Leader
|RK||TEAM||CONF||W-L||SOR RK||Seed||SOR S-Curve||Qual W-L||SOS RK||Non-Conf SOS RK|
|4||Ohio StateOSU||Big Ten||2-0||4||1||4||1-0||48||48|
|6||Stony BrookSB||Am. East||2-0||6||2||6||0-0||52||52|
|14||UC IrvineUCI||Big West||3-0||14||4||14||0-0||180||180|
|22||Iowa StateISU||Big 12||3-0||22||6||22||0-0||218||218|
- SOR RK: Rank of Strength of Record (SOR) among all Division I teams. SOR reflects the chance a typical 25th ranked team would have team's record or better, given the schedule on a 0 to 100 scale, where 100 is best.
- Seed: Seed in the NCAA Tournament.
- SOR S-Curve: A team's spot on the NCAA Tournament S-Curve based on current SOR.
- Qual W-L: Number of wins and losses against current top 50 BPI teams.
- SOS RK: Strength of Schedule (SOS) rank among all Division I teams based on how a typical 25th ranked team would do against each team's schedule to date. SOS accounts for the game location, day's rest, travel distance, and high altitude in addition to opponent strength.
- Non-Conf SOS RK: SOS rank for non-conference games to date among all Division I teams.